Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do CCC Keep GW Denials On Record?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Do CCC Keep GW Denials On Record?

It seems to me that if the CRA's try to verify something that isn't there, then the whole TL should be removed.  Sometimes though, even if an account with a CCC is closed, the record of it could still be with them and somehow tied to the account.  I would just make sure that as far as the CCC is concerned, they have never heard of you and therefore there's no way it could come back verified. 

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

When you are added as an AU, the account and its history show up on your CR.

When you are removed as an AU, the account and its history are removed from your CR.

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

When you are added as an AU, the account and its history show up on your CR.

When you are removed as an AU, the account and its history are removed from your CR.

Wonderful, that's two people saying this now!  I'm glad I won't have to file any disputes.  I can't imagine it being too troublesome to get GEMB to remove me as an AU.

Can I, as the AU, call GEMB and ask that I be removed?  Or does the cardholder need to request it?

Message 13 of 16
jasimae
Frequent Contributor

My fiancee listed me as an AU on an HSBC credit card and a BP gas card that he had.  Four years ago I disputed the BP account and they removed it immediately.  I've been disputing the HSBC account for like five years and FINALLY, they removed it just 3 weeks ago based upon my last dispute in the beginning of August.  I even got a letter from them confirming that they were deleting it.  And when I checked my reports, it was gone like the wind.  Can AU's dispute lates on accounts that are not actually theirs?

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure of the actual power of an AU.  I can just say that in my case, my ex removed me with the CCC, and then I disputed and got removal.  Maybe someone else knows if you can dispute lates as an AU, although IME GW's are best for lates.  I think that the cardholder is the only one that can remove you as an AU.

Message 15 of 16
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The dispute processes under the FCRA, namely the dispute process under 611(a) through the CRAs and the direct dispute process under 623(a)(8), are rights of the consumer.  AU status is a peculiarity of credit reporting that permits accounts of a consumer to report to the credit files of individuals who are not the consumer.

Thus, an AU has no dispute rights as to information reported to the consumer's credit file, and carbon-copied over to their AU "account." based on their AU status.

When an AU status is terminated, all reference to the consumer's account terminates from its carbon-copy inclusion in the authorized user's credit file.  It is unnecessary to assert "account not mine," as, by definition, it never was yours.  It is only "yours" to the extent that you permitted it to be cc;'d to your CR under the AU status process.

If an AU status is terminated, then they can only continue to include any information related to that account in your CR if you are actually a designated consumer responsible for that account.  At that point, you could dispute its inclusion in your CR.  This would not be a dispute as to the accuracy of information reported under the account, but rather a dispute as to your status as having any responsibility for the account, or any status as an authorized user.  When a party reports information directly to your credit file, they must provide an ECOA code designating your legal responsibility for the account, such as sole, joint, or "maker" (one responsible for the debt should the primary on the account default).  They cant do this for an AU account, and thus your dispute would be directed to inaccuracte reporting of your legal account responsibility.  If you have to resort to that level in order to get it removed, it would not be a conventional dispute pertaining to individual items of information reported under the account.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.