Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do CLI cause a score bump?

tag
cwwatts1202
Established Contributor

Do CLI cause a score bump?

Expecting a cap1 secured in the mail anyway now. If I deposit $200 to make the limit $400 will that cause a score bump? Just wasn't sure if CLI cause bumps if they're not super big CLI...?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Do CLI cause a score bump?

No, CLI aren't scored.  A CLI could cause your overall utilization to go down which would give you a bump.

Message 2 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Ditto. Per FICO a person with $500 in combined CLs has an equal chance as someone with $50,000 in combined CLs. It's how you use the card(s) that count. Now some FAKO scores do care, but FICO doesn't. 

Message 3 of 6
imovinup
Regular Contributor

i had the cap1 secured card for exactly 2 years and every time i made the cl go up so did my score it never reported as secured and looked like a regular card(1500). but because of the cap1 card chase gave me a 1000 cl which is good coming from the bottom so i closed the account out due to the high apr/ not unsecuring after 2 years/ annual fee and the fact it was my rebuilder card. when i closed the account i had a balance and the applied my security deposit to it and sent me a check for the rest .

Starting Score: 5/30/13 TU 630; EQ618: EX PLUS639
Current Score: 4/2/15 TU 661; EQ 617; ; EX FICO 631
Goal Score: 700

Message 4 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

FICO doesn't score CLI.  If you had balances your utilization dropped and your score went up.

Message 5 of 6
swtneka
Frequent Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

FICO doesn't score CLI.  If you had balances your utilization dropped and your score went up.

AHHH now i get it

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.