Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do Credit Card Reps Enjoy Lying?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Do Credit Card Reps Enjoy Lying?

I really wouldn't lose much sleep over it because Sears won't be around much longer, so their cards will all be useless soon anyway. The energy you are expending trying to revive this terminally ill TL would, IMHO, be better spent creating a new TL that will be around in 6 months.

Message 11 of 12
Reighn9
Frequent Contributor

Re: Do Credit Card Reps Enjoy Lying?

@Anonymous wrote:

I really wouldn't lose much sleep over it because Sears won't be around much longer, so their cards will all be useless soon anyway. The energy you are expending trying to revive this terminally ill TL would, IMHO, be better spent creating a new TL that will be around in 6 months.

I can't create a new TL, I did not ask for the upgrade to the MC with citi Thank You points that can be used everywhere, not just Sears or Kmart, but I do need to stock up on a Sears exclusive product before they go out of business. What I am doing is trying to figure why I am consistently lied to by CSRs, why I can't catch a break. I called Sears about the inquiry on a direct line. I did not go through recorded account information, I kept getting people, explained I had asked to have my CL restored since I received an upgrade, was told no new report or inquiry would be pulled. I verified that I did not want to make the CLI request there would be hard inquiry or a new report, but on was pulled anyway. I asked for a supervisor, manager or even EO if available. Each person I talked to transferred me to semeone who could help me. I was transferred 5 times, but I think I ended back with a regular CSR, who told me CSRs have no way of knowing if a new report will pull or a hard inquiry until the CLI request is made. I was told the CSR didn't lie to me, she just told me wrong and nothing can be done because anytime a CLI request is made a new report is pulled with a hard inquiry. "Being told wrong" is the answer I get all the time when I question an unexpected action.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.