Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I Have Any Options?

tag
aurelie00
Regular Contributor

Do I Have Any Options?

I am one CA away from having all 6 removed from my CR!

This one, however, is being incredibily stubborn and I wonder if I've run out of options. 

The CA is Americollect, a small CA in northern WI.  The debt was a medical debt from 2011 in the amount of $363 and has been paid in full.  I have sent multiple goodwill letters, emails and faxes asking for GW delete.  All no.  I sent an email to the CEO...no response.  The debt was valid and it's paid in full.

Before I found these forums and knew better, I disputed the (paid) TL with the CRA's and they validated.

What is my next course of action?

One thing I did notice is they are reporting an old home address for me.  Could I try disputing again and hope they don't respond?  I've had luck with BBB complaints in the past; do I take the "I know they've deleted for others, why not me?" road?  Not sure where to go from here.

Thanks for your thoughts!

Starting Score: 524
Current Score: 715
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: Do I Have Any Options?

Hi Aurelie, is the old address listed on any of your credit reports? When is the collection due to fall off?

Message 2 of 6
aurelie00
Regular Contributor

Yeah, the old address is reporting on TU and EQ.  I just moved in April...new one hasn't caught up to me,  yet.

It's not due to fall off until 2018.  :-/

Message 3 of 6
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Unfortunately if the account is tied into the collection or an OC account the address can't be removed. They must be a small CA if the CEO wont reply back to you.

Message 4 of 6
aurelie00
Regular Contributor

Yeah, they are.  I keep getting my "no's" from the same person in the company.  I've emailed to the CEO and another executive, but I can't get them to respond.

Message 5 of 6
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Only option I see, other than continuing the GW route, would be to take a real close look at the TL and make sure everything is reported properly. 

Don't give up on the GWs, I've had them tell me countless time "NO", only to see them fall off.  There's always hope!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.