Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I Pay this collection ??? HELP!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Do I Pay this collection ??? HELP!

@Anonymous wrote:
What is a GW letter ? If you're referring to good will I've tried it. No luck with any bureaus or the OC because the debt is only 2 years old

yea goodwill letters.  is your choice, just dont expect your scores to jump after you paid down the balance

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just an fyi.

I recently did a pfd on a collection. Before i paid it it was an open collection. After I paid it it changed to "paid" and was then closed. Once it was reported closed my score jumped about 20 points. So I guess it depends on what else is in your report but I do believe paying  collection that is open and then having report as closed can make your score go up. Not nearly as much as removal though.

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. Just paid it in full and they said it will report as PAID IN FULL, closed. So we'll see in about 2 weeks what this does. I'd love a 20 point jump!!! That would put me near 640!
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine was my last collection and I just got the delete letter in the mail today. I am eagerly waiting for my report to update to see what my score will be with it gone.

I wouldnt expect a score jump like I got. But I just wanted to point out it is possible that it could go up. Mine sure did. Either way, its a great feeling to have your debts paid off.

Good luck with your rebuilding!

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.