cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I have a foreclosure, eviction, judgment or all THREE help!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do I have a foreclosure, eviction, judgment or all THREE help!

I thought I had a mere forclosure against me. Fun times. The thing that was recorded, however, turns out to be the HOA foreclosure (they were able to "evict" before the bank. We had left anyway--it wasn't due to hardship. It was due to the association never funding itself, or even forming). 

Anyway, walked away. 

On my record, it shows zero checkmarks under "judgments". It does show one under "eviction" and this was the HOA taking us to court (we didn't go) slapping us with a 6000 dollar judgment for back services (never rendered) and I guess it was them who took possession first. Long, murky story, I know. 

Technically, it doesn't seem that I have an official judgment against me. 

A couple LOs saw the reports, had the UW look at them manually before the process and I was cleared to move forward. Now the lender we went with wants evidence that I've paid off this judgment. I have not. Others are saying it isn't a judgment, but a foreclosure eviction. 

Anyway, my goal is to set up payment plan, try to negotiate, begrudgingly pay, fight it (since wouldn't they have collected back dues when the house sold). Oh, yeah--the developers, who took us to court fled the country. 

Very complicated story. I don't even know where to start or what sort of lawyer to speak with. 

Thank you. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Do I have a foreclosure, eviction, judgment or all THREE help!

What was the civil complaint in the court proceeding with the HOA, and what specifically was the judgment of the court?

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Do I have a foreclosure, eviction, judgment or all THREE help!

I have PMed you the case. I totally understand if you can't/don't want to look at it, but I can't explain. Of course, I'm going to need to lawyer up, but at this point, I don't even know what I'm looking at--judgment, eviction, foreclosure, etc. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.