cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I have any leverage with a CA after it's been reported on my Credit Report

tag
Madmax26
New Contributor

Re: Do I have any leverage with a CA after it's been reported on my Credit Report

Again any advice y'allal may be able to provide would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you

Message 11 of 17
Madmax26
New Contributor

Re: Do I have any leverage with a CA after it's been reported on my Credit Report

Do y'all think I may gave a fair shot of getting my PFD deal approved.  I may all I have is two collections, but I know getting rid of them will help my CS a lot.

Thanks again guys and gals!!!!!!

Message 12 of 17
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Madmax26 wrote:

Do y'all think I may gave a fair shot of getting my PFD deal approved.  I may all I have is two collections, but I know getting rid of them will help my CS a lot.

Thanks again guys and gals!!!!!!

I was going to say that your chances are 50-50 but that sounds flippant and dismissive. No one can guess what wll happen. If they say no just keep trying.

From a BK years ago to:
9/09 EX pulled by lender 802
3/10 EQ- 800
4/10 TU -772

You can do the same thing with hard work

Credit Scoring 101
Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads
Whats In Your FICO Score

Message 13 of 17
Madmax26
New Contributor

Thanks Gunny.

So, if they say no just keep on going at it, correct?  I sent a PF to one CA and DV to another.  I'll let y'all know how it goes. 

Also is it possible to get late payments deleted that happened in 2008?  The payments are in regards to WF and HSBC.  What course of action should I take?

As always an info would be most graciously appreciated.

Message 14 of 17
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Madmax26 wrote:

Thanks Gunny.

So, if they say no just keep on going at it, correct?  I sent a PF to one CA and DV to another.  I'll let y'all know how it goes. 

Also is it possible to get late payments deleted that happened in 2008?  The payments are in regards to WF and HSBC.  What course of action should I take?

As always an info would be most graciously appreciated.

Sure it's possible and people have reported success with deletion of past late payments. You'll need to contact the creditor associated with those lates and see if they will work with you. There are no guarantees of course but you can't get what you don't ask for.
I never made it as far as Gunny but thanks for the promotion! 

From a BK years ago to:
9/09 EX pulled by lender 802
3/10 EQ- 800
4/10 TU -772

You can do the same thing with hard work

Credit Scoring 101
Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads
Whats In Your FICO Score

Message 15 of 17
Madmax26
New Contributor

I tried WF and they said no dice.  I called them twice and the stated it was their policy.  I'll try HSBC tomorrow and let y'all know what happens. 

Also, if I hear back from those two CA's I'll post my results.  I've learned a lot by reading these boards...very helpful.

Message 16 of 17
guiness56
Epic Contributor

You can call the OC to see if they still own the debt and will accept payment.  It is always better to deal with the OC.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.