Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I have to...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do I have to...

Provide an account number to the CA? If they can't find it on my name or address and they ask for it or a copy of my credit report do I HAVE to provide it?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Do I have to...

@Anonymous wrote:
Provide an account number to the CA? If they can't find it on my name or address and they ask for it or a copy of my credit report do I HAVE to provide it?

You don't have to provide anything to a CA.   Are they requesting information from you as a result of the DV process ?

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, they are. I've sent two cmrrr letters and they come back with the same response. Ride out the 30 days and send letters to the cra?
Message 3 of 6
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
Yep, they are. I've sent two cmrrr letters and they come back with the same response. Ride out the 30 days and send letters to the cra?

Yeah, that's probably a good idea, I wouldn't provide them with any information.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 4 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The CRAs dont become involved in the DV process.  The debt collector is not required to respond within any period, and failure to provide debt verifcaton is a debt collection practices issue between the consumer and the debt collector involving a cease collection bar.

So I am unsure of what you are planning to send to or request from the CRA?

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertEG wrote:

The CRAs dont become involved in the DV process.  The debt collector is not required to respond within any period, and failure to provide debt verifcaton is a debt collection practices issue between the consumer and the debt collector involving a cease collection bar.

So I am unsure of what you are planning to send to or request from the CRA?

I'd love it if I could just send them a copy of what the CA sent me with copies of my CMRRR receipt, letting them know that they can't validate, therefore shouldn't be reporting on my credit report, but it can't be that easy, can it?

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.