Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I send a DV?? I know I owe it, but not sure whats going on here confused

tag
ac921ol
Frequent Contributor

Do I send a DV?? I know I owe it, but not sure whats going on here confused

CA said the OC had my account still, and that the CA was only reporting it and sending me letters, they dont own the debt.

I emailed the OC and asked for a bill they responded within the subject body of an email, no pdf, no bill, but just one sentence stating. 

"Your balance with us is $837 dating back to Sept/Oct 2009 for a root canal and crown."

I emailed again, and asked

"is there any chance you have an actual bill so I can discuss it with my old insurance company."

there response was.

I can give you a list of the procedures and the dates, but printing a
bill would just show no balance because we have to write it off when
we send it to collections.

09/22/2009
Limited Oral Exam D0140
Periapical D0220
Root Canal D0330

10/07/2009
PFM Crown D2750
Core Buildup D2950

06/30/2010
Recement Crown D2920

So whats going on here? CA told me I need to pay the OC since they dont own the debt that they wrote it off (im assuming they wrote it off as a loss), and if they sent a bill then it would state that it was zero balance. Not sure if I should send a DV? or If I should talk to the Dentist and see if he is willing to do a pay for delete (i have never done that, not even sure how to go about that, or what documentation i would need)

12/28/13 (Garden Start Date)

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Do I send a DV?? I know I owe it, but not sure whats going on here confused

I would send a payment in full to the OC then send a dispute via CMRRR to the credit reporting bureau along with a copy of the cancelled check.Its likely that your insurance paid out the Max it was able to and left a deficiency balance on the bill... my insurance only pays 50% on the cost of a crown and a Max benefit of $1500 annually. Having had 3 root canals and 3 crowns I cam tell you that I always had a portion of the bill that was not paid by insurance. In one case I had the root canal done in July and wore a temporary crown until January when the insurance calendar reset itself. Best of luck to you!

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 2 of 3
ac921ol
Frequent Contributor

Re: Do I send a DV?? I know I owe it, but not sure whats going on here confused

so this is the best way to go, and I should only send payment when I have it in full???

You dont think I should talk to the OC and ask for a PFD (thought that might be extra protection)...or just pay the OC and get my cancelled check then send it to the CRB and have them figure it out.

12/28/13 (Garden Start Date)

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.