KiaBec

Do I send a PFD or GW now?

Hi there,

I have recently paid in full 4 settlements:

Chase (for a WAMU cc, this account is closed)

AlliedInterstate for Chase (this was an old Chase cc)

Rubin & Rothman for Master Card (an old Wells Fargo cc)

Kirschenbaum & Phillips for Seamans (will be paid off in Dec)

My question is: Is it too late to send a PFD? Should I send a GW rather? Basically what would you advise my next step to be since they are still bringing down my credit scores. I didn't learn what these letters were until recently, and I have 3 more small accounts that I haven't touched yet. Those 3 I will definitely be sending a PFD.

Thanks for all the help, and all of the other posts that have been extremely informative.

~Kiki 

As of 10/8/09
Equifax: 605
Experian: 529
TransUnion: 563

On a Suze Orman: YF&B diet. Future endeavors: Not living check by check, Buying a condo, and Purchasing my first car.
KiaBec

Re: Do I send a PFD or GW now?

Also, the last two settlements stated are judgements. Is there a way I could get those off my CR? One is paid in full and the other will be in December of this year.

Thanks

:smileywink: 

As of 10/8/09

On a Suze Orman: YF&B diet. Future endeavors: Not living check by check, Buying a condo, and Purchasing my first car.
Mega Contributor
RobertEG

If you have paid in full, there is no offer to pay remaining.  You must now GW.
KiaBec

Thanks I figured that I should attempt the GW. As for the last 2, I researched and found out that these judgements have to be vacated so I will be working on that. :smileyhappy:

~Kiki

As of 10/8/09

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+