cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do OC ever settle for less the charge off amount?

tag
tirado126
Contributor

Re: Do OC ever settle for less the charge off amount?

i don't need it to be deleted per the LO, just the balance at zero. I'm hoping to do that in a settlement instead of paying in full. Also, since they are reporting delinquencies as of the past few months, I'm hoping to negotiate with them to delete those as part of the payment arrangement. If I pay in Full, then they should at least do that for me, right?

I'm applying for a loan, and once this is paid my scores will go up 50 points with a rapid rescore from my LO. wish me luck!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Starting Score: EQ 542, TU 503, EX 580 (all lender pulled 06/07/11)
Current Score: EQ 649, TU 722, EX 654 (pulled Dec 2013)
Goal Score: 700 club for all 3 agencies!

CapOne$750/FP$400/Matrix$300/VS$500/Walmart$500/BestBuy$1K/KayJeweler$2K (last app 12/16/13)
Message 11 of 14
TimeToRecover
Established Contributor

Atually if you don't pay the full amount there will be a note that says "settled for less then full amount" on the CR and well this is considered just a bad as any other negative.  Maybe a BIT better then a Charge Off but not much.  Trust me.it is why I just posted to get feedback on my first GW and that is one taht is due to age off in January and even at 6 years and 6 months old that sucker still drages my score down.  I thought I was doig a good thing take the offer for the less amount.  If i knew then what I know now (well i wouldn't have been in the situation) but if I was I would have said no ill pay it all but Ill do it in payments. 

I guess I am saying verify what you think the LO is saying cause a settled for less then full amount is still considered a major derog.

Starting Score: 570 ish
Current Score:EX (701) EQ (711) TU (705)
Goal Score: 750
In My Wallet: GE Care Credit (8K) BestBuy (6K) BofA Cash Rewards Signature Visa (7K) Cap One Quicksilver (10.5K) Chase Freedom (4K) Lowes (6K) VS Angel Card (2.4K), Macys (4K)
Message 12 of 14
tirado126
Contributor

thanks for the feedback timetorecover....I have the funds now to pay it in full and am ready just to put this account behind me. I hear what you're saying about the "settled in less than full amount" comment on the report - I don't need any more negative "dings" on my CR, so i'm glad you brought this up.

I think I'm just going to suck this one up and pay the full amt, maybe they'll at least take off the delinquency as a trade-off? I'll find out in a couple hours when I give the a ring.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CapOne$750/FP$400/Matrix$300/VS$500/Walmart$500/BestBuy$1K/KayJeweler$2K (last app 12/16/13)
Message 13 of 14
tirado126
Contributor

even though they were willing to settle, a balance would've remained on my acct that they said they would no longer come after me for...so i just ended up PIF and they are going to DELETE the account from all 3 CRA's - can't wait to see the score difference Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.