Contributor
diabla

Do PFDs seem to work mostly for PIF, or lower offers?

I have a PFD where they agreed but only if I paid the full amount.  They had previously offered me a substantial discount (30%),  payment plan, but then only agreed to update the credit report to PAID.  I wanted the delete, so I agreed to PIF.  This is my only PFD so far but have a few more planned, so I'm wondering what your successes have been as far as getting PFDs for lower amounts, or do you find that CAs will only PFD if you pay the entire amount?

Does it differ with medical or other collections?

Thanks!

Valued Contributor
rckstrscott

Re: Do PFDs seem to work mostly for PIF, or lower offers?

diabla wrote:

I have a PFD where they agreed but only if I paid the full amount.  They had previously offered me a substantial discount (30%),  payment plan, but then only agreed to update the credit report to PAID.  I wanted the delete, so I agreed to PIF.  This is my only PFD so far but have a few more planned, so I'm wondering what your successes have been as far as getting PFDs for lower amounts, or do you find that CAs will only PFD if you pay the entire amount?

Does it differ with medical or other collections?

Thanks!

PFD very rarely works for less than full amount, from what I have seen..

Also, PIF helps if they DON'T agree to PFD, because I have found its easier to GW away a PIF account than it is to GW away a settled account...

-scott

Starting FICO Score: 10/10: TU 498 | EQ: 502 Current FICO Score(lender pull): 09/14: TU: 784 | EQ: 752 | EX: 784
Collections Removed: Hunter Warfield, CBE Group, Merchants Credit Guide, EOS-CCA, Enhanced Recovery, Portfolio Recovery, UCB, American Collection Company, Medical Business Bureau, Jefferson Capital, Credit Portfolio Associates, FCO, LVNV, Convergent, Armor Systems
Other Negative Entries Removed:Plains Commerce CO, HSBC CO, 2008 Judgment Santander Reposession

Positive Accounts:10/10: 0 | 07/12: 6 | Mortgage Closed 5/12, Macy's AMEX $13900, Citi/Home Depot $8500, Capital One Cash Rewards $3500, BOA $7500 Total Utilization: 3%. AAoA: 2yr, 9mth. INQS: 1 TU, 1 EQ, 3 EX

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}