cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do charged off debts ever go from installment to collections?

tag
daddiggingout
Regular Contributor

Do charged off debts ever go from installment to collections?

My last derogatory mark is a five year old repo from DT Credit.  I DVed with the CRA and they updated but no longer report as actively late, whereas they were doing so up until I DVed them.  My concern is will this CA go the collection route now that I have made myself known to them again?  Or is this debt so old that I need not worry about a lot of new action - in hindsight I should have let this one be but I got a little DV happy.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
alienfico
Frequent Contributor

Re: Do charged off debts ever go from installment to collections?

What is your state's SOL....could the CA potentially sue you for this debt?

Starting: TU:515, EX:521, EQ:528
Current: TU:700 EX:706 EQ:674
FICO Goal: 725
Cap1 Venture $11,000AU, First Progress $500, Cap1 QS $1750, FH$600, Open Sky $300, Cap1 $500, BestBuy $1500 Target $1800
Message 2 of 6
daddiggingout
Regular Contributor

I am beyond safe as SOL is 4 years after the auctioning off of the vehicle.  My bigger concern is that the company can flip this to a collection which would be a huge headache come loan time. 

Message 3 of 6
daddiggingout
Regular Contributor

By the way, AlienFico, did your TU score ever update?  I was the OP that had four collections deleted and a confirmation from TU via email, only to receive no alert or score change.  Just wondering if you received one yet.. 

Message 4 of 6
alienfico
Frequent Contributor

@daddiggingout wrote:

By the way, AlienFico, did your TU score ever update?  I was the OP that had four collections deleted and a confirmation from TU via email, only to receive no alert or score change.  Just wondering if you received one yet.. 

It did update by 1 pt....lol.  But the experian showed the greatest gain I went from 576 to 601.....jist one point into the 600s but I will gladly take it Smiley Very Happy

Cap1 Venture $11,000AU, First Progress $500, Cap1 QS $1750, FH$600, Open Sky $300, Cap1 $500, BestBuy $1500 Target $1800
Message 5 of 6
alienfico
Frequent Contributor

@alienfico wrote:

@daddiggingout wrote:

It did update by 1 pt....lol.  But the experian showed the greatest gain I went from 576 to 601.....jist one point into the 600s but I will gladly take it Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.