Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do collections under $100 impact score?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do collections under $100 impact score?

I have a collection (paid) that is less than $100 on my EQ. CA has agreed to delete it. Will this impact score or are such collections negligible?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Do collections under $100 impact score?

Is that your only collection? 

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

TU: 0 collections

EX: one $35 collection (the one that I referenced). CA has agreed to delete

EQ: same $35 collection. Also a $265 paid medical collection that I'm trying to delete

Current MYFICO 8 scores: 

TU: 740

EX: 752

EQ: 693

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a collection (paid) that is less than $100 on my EQ. CA has agreed to delete it. Will this impact score or are such collections negligible?

My understanding is that any time a derog goes on your CR, it counts, no matter what the amount.  It just counts that it occurred.  So a 35 CA counts as much as a 1k CA.

I would look for a small increase in scores when it drops.

hth

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Collections under $100 appear on your credit report but I don't believe they affect FICO scoring

Message 5 of 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@AhmedInVA wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Collections under $100 appear on your credit report but I don't believe they affect FICO scoring

In Fico 8 yes this would be correct.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AhmedInVA wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Is the threshold exactly 100, so that 99 wouldnt count but higher than 100 would?

Just trying to understand it.

thanks

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.