Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do goodwill letters still work?

tag
KCC100
New Contributor

Do goodwill letters still work?

I recently read an articale saying that companies cannot offer goodwill removal anymore. Is that is true? I was not smart enought to understand the importance of credit scores so my credit was quite not good. I had 561 credit score last year and I started disputing some 10 years old collections. Finally I reached an average 700 credit score, 690,724,701. But I'm still far away from my goal which is reaching around 800. The biggest negatives I have on my credit is Wells Fargo and BECU. Wells Fargo marked 120 days late fee and BECU marked 60 or 90 days late fee and both incidents were 1 year and 9 months ago. The only other negative I have is stupid comcast bill. 127 dollars from few years ago. I called comcast collection agency and they don't want remove the collection even if I pay them in full.

Anyway What is your saggestions please? How I can remove these Wells Fargo and BECU late payments? I did send mail to them but they said we can't do anything. Should I keep sending them or I should give up. Thanks for your advice and support.

And wait one more thing! Yesterday I received a notification from Experian which says that there is a new Verizon collection account on your credit. I immideatly called Verizon and they said it was a mistake and they removed it. So my question is why MYFICO Credit moniting thing didn't work? I havent got any notification from MYFICO WEBSITE even though I received one from Experian two days ago...

Thanks guys.

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Do goodwill letters still work?

Yes, they still work.  People post in the rebuilding section every day about GW letter successes that they attain. 

I highly recommend using the Saturation Technique when it comes to GW letters, as it really is a numbers game and using this method definitely increases the chances of success:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/The-Saturation-Technique-Best-GW-adjustment-o...

Message 2 of 3
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Re: Do goodwill letters still work?

@KCC100 wrote:

I recently read an articale saying that companies cannot offer goodwill removal anymore. Is that is true? I was not smart enought to understand the importance of credit scores so my credit was quite not good. I had 561 credit score last year and I started disputing some 10 years old collections. Finally I reached an average 700 credit score, 690,724,701. But I'm still far away from my goal which is reaching around 800. The biggest negatives I have on my credit is Wells Fargo and BECU. Wells Fargo marked 120 days late fee and BECU marked 60 or 90 days late fee and both incidents were 1 year and 9 months ago. The only other negative I have is stupid comcast bill. 127 dollars from few years ago. I called comcast collection agency and they don't want remove the collection even if I pay them in full.

Anyway What is your saggestions please? How I can remove these Wells Fargo and BECU late payments? I did send mail to them but they said we can't do anything. Should I keep sending them or I should give up. Thanks for your advice and support.

And wait one more thing! Yesterday I received a notification from Experian which says that there is a new Verizon collection account on your credit. I immideatly called Verizon and they said it was a mistake and they removed it. So my question is why MYFICO Credit moniting thing didn't work? I havent got any notification from MYFICO WEBSITE even though I received one from Experian two days ago...

Thanks guys.

Good will letters do work! Be patient!

In my experience having MyFICO, it's 12-24 hours behind Credit Karma and Experian, for informing of new accounts. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.