Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do lenders/creditors see soft pulls?

tag
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

Do lenders/creditors see soft pulls?

Is there any negative to refreshing your report/credit score on a daily basis? Do potential creditors/lenders see this information or do they only see hard pulls?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
phillyguy12
Frequent Contributor

Re: Do lenders/creditors see soft pulls?

I am 98%sure they will only see hard pulls checking your own credit does not effect scores, assuming you are using a service to do so, but why would you pull daily? reports and scores for the most part only change monthly unless of course there is a new account opened the vast majority of creditors report the last statement balance not the balance at time of pull and inquiries only account for about 10%or less of your overall score so unless you went on an app spree or suspect u might be at risk for I'd fraud I wouldn't expect to see any change from day to day
Amx BCE-25k,Amx Zync-NSPL
Barclay's Mastercard-13.5k
Credit Union Visa-1k
Discover-24k, Khols-2k
Message 2 of 9
ktl72455
Valued Contributor

When we are working to restore our credit and sending GW's, PFD, PIF its nice to be able to check and see any changes that can happen day to day instead of waiting a month to see if they followed through.

From MI.
12/4/12 TU 589 MyFico ~EQ 579 MyFico ~EX 577(Fako)

Myfico 8 scores
6/12/20 TU 803 ~ EQ 814~ Ex 784
My Wallet: Cap1 3,500K ~FH 2950~Credit One 1750~Credit one #2 1250~Orchard Bank 400 ~NFCU nRewards 18,000~NFCU Cash Rewards 18,500 ~Care Credit 12000~Discover 6000~Lowes 5450~ Amex 5400.00 ~ Harvest King 8000 ~ Langley~Penfed~Service CRU~red stone cru~
UTL 17%
Message 3 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

No they dont see them.

That is the distinction between hard and soft inquiries.  Hards are those that are included in credit reports available to others, while softs are those that are only shown in credit reports available to the consumer. 

Message 4 of 9
phillyguy12
Frequent Contributor

good point ktl i just think personally daily seems to be over kill because nothing is going to reflect instantly I could see weekly or bi weekly in that case. either way it doesn't really matter since the pull doesn't hurt
Amx BCE-25k,Amx Zync-NSPL
Barclay's Mastercard-13.5k
Credit Union Visa-1k
Discover-24k, Khols-2k
Message 5 of 9
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

I check it daily because both Credit Karma and Experian let you refresh your report daily and I'm keeping an eye out for accounts that are due to age off, I should have at least one falling off this month. When this month? No idea, that's why I check it daily.

Message 6 of 9
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

+1  They are even clearly marked as "only viewable by you".

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 7 of 9
annielorie
Valued Contributor

I check almost everyday to see what different utilization produces for FAKO score ( Hey its a Hobby) everyones got one.

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 8 of 9
Vanessakort

+1
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.