cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do lenders pull a report that only updates monthly?

tag
rkb84
Contributor

Do lenders pull a report that only updates monthly?

I had them pull on the 27th of last month and scores were

TU- 629

EXP- 627

EQ - 602

I had a collection from Verizon ($460), got a PFD it doesn't show on the reports now, also got a collection from Asset Acceptance PFD ($800). I know for sure those 2 are gone off my current reports I have checked.

Today they ran it again- same exact scores, same colections above showing

I know for sure My Equifax Fico on here has jumped to a 650 as well. They are telling me they might not have updated yet, also "if you got those collections deleted they already did their damage and scores stay" I think they are just feeding me BS. Or do some lenders have a system where even though the 3 CRA's reports/scores are updated, there system doesn't?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
rkb84
Contributor

Re: Do lenders pull a report that only updates monthly?

Sorry I am so pissed over the situation I prob should have put this in the mortgae section.

Message 2 of 6
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

FICO has no memory.  It doesn not include anything that's in the past, only what is currently on your reports.  Sometimes it takes a bit for the TLs to be removed from the CRAs.   

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 6
rkb84
Contributor

Thanks, that being said I know for sure these tradelines are gone now from all 3 CRA's. I guess time to find someone else to use, they just don't want to give me anything.

Message 4 of 6
GregB
Valued Contributor

Do lenders pull a report that only updates monthly? Basically, NO. But it is possible.

Some lenders pay a third party to prepare a 3 CRA merged report and it could still be pulling old data.

If you are sure about their statement of "if you got those collections deleted they already did their damage and scores stay", then we know they are full of it.

Let's start with  HOW do you know the negatives are off the three reports?

Next, what kind of report are they using? Ask for a copy.

Then we will go from there.

Message 5 of 6
rkb84
Contributor

Well yes he actually said that, at that poitnt I didn't even argue becasue I think I understand the FICO scoring better than he did.

How I know those negatives are off is by using my latest credit reports they provided after various disputes were completed. Also I have Transunion TruCredit service and Scorewatch, they have both falled off there, and scored went up a good bit.

As far as what kind they are using, all they would say was they use a special kind of system just for mortgages, whatever they meant by that. Just doesn't add up.. well in the process of trying a pre-qualify with another place or two, hopefully they are more willing to help. Also the app I put in for another prequalify somewhere else already came up as an inquiry on my monitoring services, the first lender never showed up today.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.