Regular Contributor
vesper

Do you dispute first or do you DV a CA first?

Valued Contributor
stef37

Re: Do you dispute first or do you DV a CA first?

Hmm.

I guess you said it all in the title? :smileyhappy:

Personally, I would DV first. It seems to be a major pain to get the CRA's to re-investigate a dispute if it is verified the first go round.
Regular Contributor
vesper

Thanks:smileyhappy: I just got confused because I read on another thread that you should dispute first....and then on another thread I read that you should do both at the same time.
Valued Contributor
stef37

1-2 punch. Well, I was speaking from personal experience. It is like pulling teeth if the CRA's verify it and you have to go back and dispute again. I guess it is up to you how you want to handle it.
Moderator Emeritus

DV first!!!

I wouldn't do the 1-2 punch until after 35 days have gone by with no response to 1st DV.

The reason you DV first is because if you dispute the CA has the right to ask YOU to provide information to back your dispute. When you DV, the burden of proof is on THEM.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Free Annual Reports, Freq. Requested Threads, 5 Things We Don't Talk About, Common Abbreviations, Where do I start?, State Resources
Regular Contributor
vesper

That's what I thought. What's a 1-2 punch?
Moderator Emeritus

vesper wrote:
That's what I thought. What's a 1-2 punch?

DV and dispute at the same time. DV then turn around and dispute.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Free Annual Reports, Freq. Requested Threads, 5 Things We Don't Talk About, Common Abbreviations, Where do I start?, State Resources
Regular Contributor
shawnette

sidewinder wrote:
DV first!!!

I wouldn't do the 1-2 punch until after 35 days have gone by with no response to 1st DV.

The reason you DV first is because if you dispute the CA has the right to ask YOU to provide information to back your dispute. When you DV, the burden of proof is on THEM.

Why 35 days?  I just sent out my 1st DVs and was under the impression that you dispute as soon as you get the green card back.    I only have 2 (1 paid, 1 unpaid) to remove and I want to make sure that I do it right.

TIA!!
shawnette
Moderator Emeritus

shawnette wrote:

sidewinder wrote:
DV first!!!

Why 35 days?  I just sent out my 1st DVs and was under the impression that you dispute as soon as you get the green card back.    I only have 2 (1 paid, 1 unpaid) to remove and I want to make sure that I do it right.

TIA!!
shawnette

Some people do it as soon as they receive their green card back, some as soon as they see it was delivered.

I didn't because I waited until they falied to vaildate(as many do) and then sent written proof to the CRA with all my documents and tell them that they failed to validate.

There is nothing set in stone as how you have to do it.

I just didn't want a dispute in progress when the 35 days was up, so I could go ahead and send everything to the CRA saying the CA didn't validate.
But, I didn't bother sending a 2nd DV to the CAs either. I figured I gave em a chance, they failed to use it. Now I'll deal with the CRAs.
Valued Contributor
Schoolbuskid

How should one DV if a CA has multiple accounts on you? Should you DV for every single account or write a DV including all the accounts? Seems like it would be better to write them separately!:smileyindifferent:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+