cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you get a myFICO alert for a paid collection?

tag
Shellie
Valued Contributor

Do you get a myFICO alert for a paid collection?

If you pay a collection do they alert you to the change?  Even tho there probably isn't a score boost.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
FastForward
Frequent Contributor

Re: Do you get a myFICO alert for a paid collection?

IME with myFICO SW, if any of my accts. (collections, open trade lines, etc.) has a change in balance and/or any other acct. info (i.e. comments, paid status, dates, etc.), I have gotten an alert regardless of whether or not my EQ score changed.
However, if a collection acct. was paid then subsequently deleted, SW has only alerted me if it detected a score change after the deletion but hasn't sent any alerts simply because an acct. was deleted. Hope this makes sense. :-)

AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx BCP (10k) | AmEx Blue Cash (1k) | AmEx SPG (3.5k) | Barclay Arrival WMC (7.5k) | Barclay Sallie Mae (1.5k) | Cap1 QS (2k) | Chase Freedom (1k) | Discover IT (4.5k) | InTouch (Local) CU MC (5k) | InTouch (Local) CU LOC (25k)

Citi/Best Buy (AU) (1.5k) | Citi/Best Buy (7.5k) | Comenity/Crate & Barrel (4k) | Comenity/Restoration Hardware (9k) | GE/Ethan Allen (2.5k) | Synchrony Bank/Banana Republic (3.3k) | Synchrony Bank/Gap (3.3k) | Synchrony Bank/Walmart (3.3k)

myFICO scores ~ 691 (EQ) 670 (EX) 712 (TU) || Goal scores: 750+ (all 3)
Message 2 of 9
Shellie
Valued Contributor

I have 3 paid medicals that the CA marked as paid on TU and EQ but not EX and I don't want to buy another report to see if they have updated them yet.  I have called them several times about it and they basically blame it on the CRA

Message 3 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

AFAIK, SW only alerts you to score changes.  Paying a collection doesn't (well, shouldn't) impact your score one way or the other.

Message 4 of 9
FastForward
Frequent Contributor

Have you tried checking EX via the backdoor?
AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx BCP (10k) | AmEx Blue Cash (1k) | AmEx SPG (3.5k) | Barclay Arrival WMC (7.5k) | Barclay Sallie Mae (1.5k) | Cap1 QS (2k) | Chase Freedom (1k) | Discover IT (4.5k) | InTouch (Local) CU MC (5k) | InTouch (Local) CU LOC (25k)

Citi/Best Buy (AU) (1.5k) | Citi/Best Buy (7.5k) | Comenity/Crate & Barrel (4k) | Comenity/Restoration Hardware (9k) | GE/Ethan Allen (2.5k) | Synchrony Bank/Banana Republic (3.3k) | Synchrony Bank/Gap (3.3k) | Synchrony Bank/Walmart (3.3k)

Message 5 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@FastForward wrote:
Have you tried checking EX via the backdoor?

I am sure this is not a way that is within the TOS of the forums.

Message 6 of 9
FastForward
Frequent Contributor

I apologize Guiness....I did not realize that! :-(

@ OP, SW doesn't monitor EX, only EQ. So even if it has been updated on EX, SW would not alert you of that.

Message 7 of 9
Shellie
Valued Contributor

I get alerts on changes that don't changge my score so I wasn't sure how it worked.

Message 8 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@Shellie wrote:

I get alerts on changes that don't changge my score so I wasn't sure how it worked.

I missed that part.  Yes, it only monitors EQ.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.