Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you think that if I..

tag
SamsungHDTV
Established Contributor

Do you think that if I..

Do you think that if I GW WellsFargo Student Loan services that it could invoke WellsFargo Card Services to seek judgement against me? The reason why I am worried and ask the forums is becase:

I defaulted on a wf credit card and is currently sold to another CA and is almost out of SOL. I also let me checking account CO. My student loan was assigned to the government who then in turn garnished my wages. Now that it has been satisfied, I want to attempt to GW Wells Fargo but I fear it will cause their Card services department to come after me. I don' t want to put myself in the "spotlight".

Any suggestion or information is grealty appreciated.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Re: Do you think that if I..

In theory, no it would not update.

In reality, it could easily update all of your information in the system and trigger some new action.

My suggestion would be to approach WF and pay off the checking and the cc accounts.   Then goodwill for all.

Message 2 of 3
SamsungHDTV
Established Contributor

Re: Do you think that if I..

@IOBA wrote:

In theory, no it would not update.

In reality, it could easily update all of your information in the system and trigger some new action.

My suggestion would be to approach WF and pay off the checking and the cc accounts.   Then goodwill for all.

Thanks for your input and your suggestion. In that case, I'll probably wait until the SOL expires on the CO credit card before I attempt to GW the loan department.

If anyone has any personal experience with this situation, any input would be appreciated.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.