Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DoFD Incorrect

tag
txbusted
Contributor

DoFD Incorrect

So last night I was looking over my credit reports and I noticed that and old Verizon bill is still showing on my credit report. I know for sure that this line was cut off as of Jan 2009. I believe the last bill that I paid was in Nov/Dec 2008. The weird part is I looked at a Transunion Credit report from 2011 and it shows Verizon as the Collection agency and it was scheduled to fall off in 03/2016. Then it was sold of AFNI and now it shows a fall off date of 08/2016. 

My problem is I thought it went by the day I first became delinquent and never brought it current. Even if they went by the cut off date in Jan 2009 the 7 years would have passed, correct? This is the last non medical item I have on my reports that I really want off. ((I am in the process of PFD with the medicals)). Should I dispute it with the CRA and inaccurate although I don't have the final bill. 

myFICO's : EQ: 643 // TU: 635// EXP:645

WALLET: Victoria Secret $650 | Simply Be $850 | BOA Cash Rewards $300 I Cap 1 Secured $500 | Cap 1 Plat $4k |Chase Freedom $2.2k l Full Beauty $450 l Woman Within $450 l Wayfair $1.2k l Citi Double Cash $700 l Game Stop $300l Overstock $1K l Lane Bryant $300 l Ulta $750 l Walmart $700 l Target Red $1k
Amazon Chase $1k l Kohls $300
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DoFD Incorrect

@txbusted wrote:

So last night I was looking over my credit reports and I noticed that and old Verizon bill is still showing on my credit report. I know for sure that this line was cut off as of Jan 2009. I believe the last bill that I paid was in Nov/Dec 2008. The weird part is I looked at a Transunion Credit report from 2011 and it shows Verizon as the Collection agency and it was scheduled to fall off in 03/2016. Then it was sold of AFNI and now it shows a fall off date of 08/2016. 

My problem is I thought it went by the day I first became delinquent and never brought it current. Even if they went by the cut off date in Jan 2009 the 7 years would have passed, correct? This is the last non medical item I have on my reports that I really want off. ((I am in the process of PFD with the medicals)). Should I dispute it with the CRA and inaccurate although I don't have the final bill. 

If the last payment was in december, and the bill was current at that point, the first 30 day late would occur in Feb/09 - 7.5 years from that point is Aug/16.

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: DoFD Incorrect

I would speculate that the earlier deletion of the Verizon reporting was due to the reporting of a deletion by Verizon, and not due to credit report exclusion by the CRA.

All removals are not due to credit report exclusion.

The new debt collector can report their collection,  and the CRA would continue to include the collection in their credit reports up to 7 years plus 180 days from the reported Dofd.  You could ask for earlier exclusion, but there is no violation in the addition of the new collection, and its continued inclusion for up to the full statutory max.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.