Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DoFD and CRAs all different?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DoFD and CRAs all different?

Can an OC report different DoFD on each report? Different even 6 months apart? I have a charge off I have been working on for a while and nothing seems to be changing. I just realized today that even after disputing their sloppy reporting with the CRA's, it is coming back as updated and "corrected" but nothing is changed- each CRA has a different DoFD for the same account. Do I write to the address listed on the CR's? Obviously, the CRA's are not super helpful here.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: DoFD and CRAs all different?

The DOFD on an OC account is a factual date, so no, it would not vary between reporting to different CRAs.

I would inititally assume failure to update as opposed to intentional misreporting of a DOFD, and request immediate correrction.

If the creditor reports a different DOFD to different CRAs, I would file a direct dispute with them.

The fact of different reporting to different CRAs is evidence, in and of itself, of inaccuray of at least one.  You can assert, or provide evidence showing, which one is correct, and then require that they promplly update with the other CRAs under the requirement of FCRA 623(a)(2).

The direct disptue process removes the CRAs from the process, and requires the furnisher ot directly correct and respond to you.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.