Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DoFD on all credit reports?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DoFD on all credit reports?

Are my credit reports required to list DoFD? I'm noticing it only one one reporting, which is Equifax. 

I happen to know when my last payment was, when I was 30days late, 60days, and when that account was closed and moved to a sold accounts firm. Neither of those dates correspond with the DoFD. Should they?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DoFD on all credit reports?

Where are you getting your reports from?

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Where are you getting your reports from?

From the credit reporting agencies, under the free credit report site. Only Equifax lists a DoFD, the others just show Date Opened or the Date Placed for Collection.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

TU will show "estimated month and year of removal" at the bottom of each listed item. EX will show the scheduled removal date under Status Details. Only EQ lists the actual reported DoFD as such.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

TU will show "estimated month and year of removal" at the bottom of each listed item. EX will show the scheduled removal date under Status Details. Only EQ lists the actual reported DoFD as such.

They all have that, but each of them are showing different "fall off dates," one has 1/2017, another 10/2017 and the last is 12/2017. It's the same debt across all three, is it normal to see a year's worth of date differences? 

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah...thats a bit of a spread, usually its just a few months. What is the actual DoFD being reported by EQ?

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah...thats a bit of a spread, usually its just a few months. What is the actual DoFD being reported by EQ?

EQ has it as 1/2011 and the drop off date for them is 1/2017. The last payment on that account was 11/2010 according to the original creditor, and it was charged off or transferred to Sold Accounts in July of 2011. And the CA has it being "opened" in Nov. of 2012.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok, EQ has the correct DoFD. I would dispute the other two CRA's as having incorrect DoFD for the account. They appear to be using the Charge Off date as the DoFD.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.