Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dodged A Bullet!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dodged A Bullet!!

I must confess that in the past I would not open any mail that maybe related to a debt (out of sight...out of mind). Yesterday, I received a letter from a ca for 2 medical accounts. I did not panic or toss the letter in the trash. Instead, I added this to my credit repair binder, called the original creditor (hospital) to obtain information, then I contacted my insurance company. I owe 491.00 from 2014. I called the hospital today and spoke to a very nice representative who agreed to retrieve the debt from the ca and she also set up a payment plan of 25.00 per month (she asked if that was within my budget). This past due amount was not reported to the CRAs and will not be as long as I make my payments.

If it were not for people on this board I would have had another negative account listed on my credit reports.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Dodged A Bullet!!

@Anonymous wrote:

I must confess that in the past I would not open any mail that maybe related to a debt (out of sight...out of mind). Yesterday, I received a letter from a ca for 2 medical accounts. I did not panic or toss the letter in the trash. Instead, I added this to my credit repair binder, called the original creditor (hospital) to obtain information, then I contacted my insurance company. I owe 491.00 from 2014. I called the hospital today and spoke to a very nice representative who agreed to retrieve the debt from the ca and she also set up a payment plan of 25.00 per month (she asked if that was within my budget). This past due amount was not reported to the CRAs and will not be as long as I make my payments.

If it were not for people on this board I would have had another negative account listed on my credit reports.

That's great news rfjanderson! Yeah it's tough to know how to handle things until you get educated somewhere like here and then you can take care of business and improve your FICO scores. Sounds like it all worked out in your favor in the end, that's great to hear! 

Message 2 of 4
Existentialist
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on dealing with the situation proactively. To the extent this board was helpful it was U who ultimately made the decision to act.

Message 3 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

You handled it well  Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.