Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dodged a Bullet

tag
CreditExpressNJ
Established Contributor

Dodged a Bullet

So, Im a nice guy and i was nice enough to put a PSE&G bill in my name for my sister because she messed her name up with them, now fast forward 1 1/2 years why has she moved 3 times since and has only made a single payment of 50 dollars and the bill is 1300 dollars,  i get a call from a collection company ... about the bill being turned over to them i instantly jumped into action and called PSE&G and had it pulled back and set up a payment plan for her to pay down her bill if she wants to remain with lights at her current address .... dodge a bullet and now ill keep an eye on things .... but PSE&G never even notified me they were going to do this so they had no choice but to pull it back... once its paid though im done im gonna take that out of my name ..no1 will care about your credit as much as you will..

CH7 Filed (3/29/17) - 483 EX 516 EQ 517 TU Discharged (5/31/17) - 559 EX 538 EQ 501 TU Current (1/18/22) - 690 EX 683 EQ 671 TU
Current Cards

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Dodged a Bullet

@shaun2009 wrote:

So, Im a nice guy and i was nice enough to put a PSE&G bill in my name for my sister because she messed her name up with them, now fast forward 1 1/2 years why has she moved 3 times since and has only made a single payment of 50 dollars and the bill is 1300 dollars,  i get a call from a collection company ... about the bill being turned over to them i instantly jumped into action and called PSE&G and had it pulled back and set up a payment plan for her to pay down her bill if she wants to remain with lights at her current address .... dodge a bullet and now ill keep an eye on things .... but PSE&G never even notified me they were going to do this so they had no choice but to pull it back... once its paid though im done im gonna take that out of my name ..no1 will care about your credit as much as you will..

WTG 

Thanks to the forum you knew exactly what to do to advert a bad situation

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 8
CreditExpressNJ
Established Contributor

yes talk about that lol.... this is lifetime knowledge you get from here because you jump right into action when you hear something going on..
CH7 Filed (3/29/17) - 483 EX 516 EQ 517 TU Discharged (5/31/17) - 559 EX 538 EQ 501 TU Current (1/18/22) - 690 EX 683 EQ 671 TU
Current Cards

Message 3 of 8
GetTheFico
Regular Contributor

I was in the same situation but unfortunately I was hit by that bullet, twice. Comcast & Scana. They both happened around the same time so there was no chance to learn from my mistake. I'll just have to learn from my mistake(s).
EQ: 780
EX: 767
TU: 779
Message 4 of 8
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Not be rude or anything,

Sounds like you sister needs an education lesson on credit. I told myself a long time ago I would never, never, ever, ever cosign anything with any family member. I've stayed true to that today. I'm not faulting you for helping her, I get it. I have 3 younger sisters of my own.

How about for Christmas, you buy her a one year subscription to Score Watch from myfico.com? Smiley Very Happy

But for her to do that to you, is just damn disrespectful.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 5 of 8
CreditExpressNJ
Established Contributor

@madmann26 wrote:

Not be rude or anything,

Sounds like you sister needs an education lesson on credit. I told myself a long time ago I would never, never, ever, ever cosign anything with any family member. I've stayed true to that today. I'm not faulting you for helping her, I get it. I have 3 younger sisters of my own.

How about for Christmas, you buy her a one year subscription to Score Watch from myfico.com? Smiley Very Happy

But for her to do that to you, is just damn disrespectful.

i wish i could buy her a brain and yea its not disrespect if you only speaking the truth ... what she did is wrong and i can only agree with what your saying .... im just happy i was able to avoid it .. im at that point now tooo im never doign anything with credit for anyone unless i know your trully good for it and not going to mess my credit up ... and from the start i didnt wanna do it my mother talked me into it because my sis has 2 kids my mom would guilt trip me now she sees and now she doesnt involve herself with  it anymore..

Current Cards

Message 6 of 8
CreditExpressNJ
Established Contributor

@GetTheFico wrote:
I was in the same situation but unfortunately I was hit by that bullet, twice. Comcast & Scana. They both happened around the same time so there was no chance to learn from my mistake. I'll just have to learn from my mistake(s).

she actually did me in with Comcast too i was able to get that one deleted though as when i DV'ed the CA and they gave me the last 4 of the SSN which wasnt mine and they had the wrong spelling of my name and everything so that was an easy fight they wouldnt remove it at first and wanted me to File a Police report  and Identity theft but i couldnt because i knew who it was so ... i took it to the BBB and submitted the DV they sent me with my actually Social and actual name and they deleted it off my report...

Current Cards

Message 7 of 8
TravellingNomad
Established Contributor

@shaun2009 wrote:

@GetTheFico wrote:

she actually did me in with Comcast too i was able to get that one deleted though as when i DV'ed the CA and they gave me the last 4 of the SSN which wasnt mine and they had the wrong spelling of my name and everything so that was an easy fight they wouldnt remove it at first and wanted me to File a Police report  and Identity theft but i couldnt because i knew who it was so ... i took it to the BBB and submitted the DV they sent me with my actually Social and actual name and they deleted it off my report...

wow sorry to hear about what happened OP. fortunately you were able to do something about it. not to sound mean...but your sister need some tough love when it comes to some things. ever thought that she's taking advantage of you because you're too nice to her? maybe she takes advantage of you because she knows you will help and will not really punish her for taking advantage of you. i have siblings and i would never think of scamming them by helping me out. because the way i see it, regardless of any sibling rivalries we may have, whenever i needed help...they always stepped up to the plate....even putting their credit on the line. if i couldn't be considered as having good credit in the financial world...i'd like to keep my "good credit" with my siblings (or family for that matter).

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.