Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dodged a bullet!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dodged a bullet!

The last few years I've been living with a hammer hanging over my head because of unfiled California state taxes from 2010 (long story). I've been meaning to get to this one, and luckily they have not hit me with a tax lien (I have no idea why). I tried to set up a payment plan (online) a couple years back, and never got any paperwork back from them. At that time they wanted about $1200.

A few months back I got a notice from them and they wanted about $1800. Then this past weekend I find they have levied my US Bank account! ACK! Called US Bank, then called California FTB, and the lady told me if I file by the 15th of next month they will stop the levy and let me make regular payment arrangements (they have not actually taken anything yet). Well, I just filled out the tax forms today and found out my taxes owed (before interest and penalties) is only $241!!!

I'll be glad to have this one behind me - and for a LOT less than I was expecting.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Dodged a bullet!

Halaluah!!
Message 2 of 7
go_FICO_self
Frequent Contributor

Congrats, Norman!

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice!!!!
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Heck yea!! Congrats Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Excellent Outcome!

Try to find some time this weekend to just relax and enjoy this moment.

Best Wishes!

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great!  Woman Very Happy

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.