Does AT&T report your phone bill payment activity to CRAs?

I have a 'dormant' credit history that I'm trying to rebuild and was thinking about having our AT&T phone/internet account changed over to my name. I have been paying the bills for years, but it's not in my name. I wanted to see if AT&T actually reports to the CRAs as an "account in good standing"?

I'm looking through their site and searching this forum and google, but haven't found that info yet.

Starting Score(2/23/10): EQ: ??? - TU: ??? (needed to reactivate dormant credit history)
Current Score (10/3/10): EQ: 807 -- TU: 804
Goal Score (4/1/11):     EQ: 840 -- TU: 840
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Regular Contributor

Re: Does AT&T report your phone bill payment activity to CRAs?

I'm their customer and they do not report as an "account in good standing."
2/2011
Experian: 658
Equifax: 653
Transunion: 670
Frequent Contributor

We just got AT &T. It's in my husbands name, and they did a pull on his credit reports. I think a hard pull, as it was listed right next to his recent credit card application pull. As far as we know, and my past history with Verizon and Nextel (Sprint), they do not report monthly. Only the CA who gets your account when/if you mess up reports. Sad, really, that you aren't rewarded for paying your electric bill or phone bill every month. But if you forget about it once during a move, you'll be reported. lol.

To the best of my knowledge AT&T is like Verizon; they will do a pull to determine if a deposit is necessary, but will not report monthly payments.

EQ. Starting Score 08/19/12: 545
EQ. Current Score 09/02/13: 611
Goal Score: 700

The effects of waking a sleeping giant...

Thanks for the input. I appreciate it. I think I'm just going to get a Wells Fargo Secured for now and leave it at that for now. I'm sure AT&T would take one look at my current credit report and demand a deposit. :smileyhappy: (then not even report to the CRAs) ... DOH! (thanks for saving me the trouble)

Starting Score(2/23/10): EQ: ??? - TU: ??? (needed to reactivate dormant credit history)
Current Score (10/3/10): EQ: 807 -- TU: 804
Goal Score (4/1/11):     EQ: 840 -- TU: 840
Blogger

utilities do not report to cras usually.  even wireless.  they will require a credit check to get it, but they do not report activity unless it is negative.
I live my life like I type, fast and with a lot of mistakes.
Spacebar broken. Watch for finger.

02/04/2015 || TU 08: 728 EX 08: 709 EQ 08: 748

Established Contributor

As a general rule, cable, phone, and utilities companies typically don't report to the CRAs unless you default on the account.
Established Member

All above are correct, just adding why... You are not borrowing money from the cell phone company, cable company, water department, or electric company. Therefore payment history is irrelevant to your ability to borrow money and pay it back..They are providing a service and you are remiting payment.
Rebuild Begining 2/10
02/05/10 EX 512 EQ 513 TU 525
02/23/10 EX 567 EQ 504 TU 554
02/27/10 EX 567 EQ 580 TU 648
03/01/10 EX 597 EQ 580 TU 648
03/01/10 EX 597 EQ 603 TU 666
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.