cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Capital One ever reassign a collection agency?

tag
Hopingfor700s
Valued Member

Looks to me that they bought it since they list "seller"

Looks to me that they bought it since they list "seller"
IMG_2587.JPG
Message 11 of 13
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Re: Does Capital One ever reassign a collection agency?

@Anonymous wrote:

Portfolio recovery is a debt buyer, they can / do re assign collections they've purchased to other collection agencies. I used to collect for them at a law firm I worked for. Just because they bought the debt however, doesn't mean they will settle it.

Are they still able to reassign debts? I thought that practice had stopped since they got in trouble over debt collection practices. 

I would love for MY debt to PRA to get reassigned to somebody that is willing to do a pfd. At this point, it's hopeless until 2019 when it ages off my reports. 

Best wishes to you OP, as you navigate the waters with these people. 

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 12 of 13
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Does Capital One ever reassign a collection agency?

Any party who owns a debt can assign authority to a debt collector to attempt collection of the debt on their behalf.

The legal term is "assigned," not reassigned.

The owner is not reassigning the debt, they are only assigning authority to a third party to assist in collection on the debt that they own.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.