Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does EQ delete while dispute?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does EQ delete while dispute?

I have not heard anything from EQ since dispute. I have not got any alerts from MyFico either. But my CCT updated report and it is deleted. CK updated and says an account has been deleted
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I have not heard anything from EQ since dispute. I have not got any alerts from MyFico either. But my CCT updated report and it is deleted. CK updated and says an account has been deleted

Those notifications may not be actual notifications of deletion - they may just have been triggered from the exclusion during dispute. Either just be patient, or pull a backdoor EQ report to see if it's still there. If you want help on how to do that, PM me.

Message 12 of 13
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If, after receiving a copy of the dispute, the furnisher chose to report deletion rather than reply back to the CRA, technically, that would result in dismissal of the dispute by the CRA, as the disputed information is no longer present in the consumer's file.  They should send a notice to the consumer terminating the dispute as dismissed rather than further treating it on the merits by sending a formal Notice of Results of Reinvestigation.

However, they are still required under the FCRA to send a notice of dismissal to the consumer within 5 business days after making the determination that the dispute was being dismissed.  Perhaps they saw no need to send a dismissal notice, but they should have.

Contact the CRA and request a formal notice, either by way of a Notice of Dismissal or a Notice of Results of Reinvestigation.

It appears to be a simple admin oversight.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.