Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does First Premier ever PFD?

tag
dlefkowi
Established Member

Does First Premier ever PFD?

Hi there,

I have a FP account in CO since 1/2010 for $427. I have contacted FP and the collection company they have assigned to and offered PFD both over phone and in writing with no luck. FP simply says its is "their Policy to never remove anything from credit" Even in the face off me offering a Settlement for the FULL amount! Crazy, I can never understand why a company will not take payment in full to simply update this! It's almost like FP likes to hold a grudge and punish ppl as much as possible!. 

I have since submitted a BBB complaint and gotten same response and this morning left msgs with office of the president. I just keep telling them that I understand their policy, but as general manager of my business, I can make exceptions to our company policy, and I am sure some one at FP has ability to make that call..

Has anyone out there ever gotten FP to PFD? And if so who did you contact?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
ONEPICKYONE
New Contributor

Re: Does First Premier ever PFD?

I am interested to know as well. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 5
HigherFico
Regular Contributor

From what i've read-no. But that doesn't mean it will never happen. They seem pretty strict. Even on the BBB website no one has gotten a delete.

Starting Score: 520
Current Score: 627
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 5
NWintellectual
Regular Contributor

To be honest, and I think this has been echoed by some of the other posters here, FP has no interest in seeing your credit improved (despite their marketing) because once your credit score improves you will most likely move onto much fairer and nicer cards with better benefits, leaving them in the rear view mirror. They want you as a customer but not in the interest of seeing your credit profile improve.

I have two charge offs from them myself and I have no delusions of getting them removed. I just want to settle them for as little as possible and never look back. Take the hit and move on. No point in trying to appeal to someone whose heart is already hardened.

Just my 2.00003 cents (adjusted for inflation) Smiley Tongue

Starting Score (2/15/14): TU 533 (myFICO) | EQ 509 (myFICO)
Latest score (4/5/14): TU 541 (Lender) | EQ 562 (SW) | EX 576 (myFICO)
Goal Score by 9/30/14: 620+ | Goal Score by 6/30/15: 700+
-----
My wallet:
US Bank LanPass Secured $500 | US Bank HD Secured $300 | Fingerhut $200 | Local CU $1000
Message 4 of 5
dlefkowi
Established Member

Well I just a call back from FP office of president, Lady stated no matter what they would not remove with payment. Said it wouldn't be fair to other customers to make one exception blah blah blah. I tried to politely point out it can be done if they were truly interested in helping etc, but she wouldn't budge. Even when I pointed out it would make sense to be able to collect now vs me letting the account fall off in two years since its already almost 5 yrs since charged off. She didnt care. Was polite but wouldn't budge even when I gave a sob BS story about this holding up my dream house etc.  So yeah I believe you are spot on NW intellectual. So its prob smarter to either PIF or settle. I would normally never settle but I am not sure I can ever bring myself to pay FP anymore than I have to out of pure spite since they are soooooooo unforgiving!

Really is sad when you legitamately try to make right, and FP holds a grudge. They truly are only interested in keeping ur credit crappy and scamming as much money as possible off of the poor to no credit market!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.