Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Midland EVER do a GW deletion?

tag
Pigeyex
Frequent Contributor

Does Midland EVER do a GW deletion?

I've now settled both of my outstanding debts with them, and although they correctly show the $0.00 balance now on all three bureaus, it still pulls my rating down (and just LOOKS bad to a loan officer and an underwriter, just being on there).

They wouldn't agree to a PFD when I was negotiating my payoffs with them, but does anyone think it would be worth my time to try to ask for goodwill deletions now that I've settled with them?

Pigeye

2007 - 2010 low point: mid-500s

With the help of myFICO community, now: 714 EQ FICO

"At the end of every hard-earned day, people find some reason to believe." (Bruce Springsteen)
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: Does Midland EVER do a GW deletion?

No.

Signature needs updating
Message 2 of 7
nycles

It is very  rare, but not completely unheard of. I just saw a new thread yesterday of someone that was able to talk them into deleteting after paying them off.

It's hard to do, but it can be done.... Try, the worse they can say is no.

good luck.

Message 3 of 7
joeyoey
Frequent Contributor

I just paid an old collections account with them about two weeks ago & I'm about to start the process of sending them GW letters.  I have a feeling I'm going to be wasting a lot of postage but I've heard that it does happen on rare occasions so I figured I might as well try.  I suppose it's just a matter of the right person getting the letter.  Good luck!

Starting Score (02/01/2014): EQ 548 EX 548 TU 564
Current/Most Recent FICO Score (4/01/2015): EQ 686 EX 668 TU 669
Nov 1, 2015 Goal: 700 Across all 3

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

test

Message 4 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The CRA policy, incorporated into their credit reporting agreements with all furnishers, is that information should not be deleted based on payment of a debt.

The CRAs have that policy to preserve the value of credit reports they sell, and thus dont want subjective deletion, they want their reports to be as complete as possible.

As a result, many furnishers post general policy in their organizations instructing their employees not to grant such deletions.

Maangement makes policy, and has the discretion to grant exceptions.

Thus, my recommendation is to pursue GW or PFD requests by way of direct contact with a management official rather than sending to their vanilla mailing address.

Perhaps one with prior success can provide you contact information for a receptive official.

Message 5 of 7
kmacqua
Regular Contributor

@RobertEG wrote:

Thus, my recommendation is to pursue GW or PFD requests by way of direct contact with a management official rather than sending to their vanilla mailing address.

Perhaps one with prior success can provide you contact information for a receptive official.

Does anyone have that contact info for Midland? I have an item with them (different from the OP's situation) that I may need to contact them about.

Message 6 of 7
Pigeyex
Frequent Contributor

@RobertEG wrote:

The CRA policy, incorporated into their credit reporting agreements with all furnishers, is that information should not be deleted based on payment of a debt.

The CRAs have that policy to preserve the value of credit reports they sell, and thus dont want subjective deletion, they want their reports to be as complete as possible.

As a result, many furnishers post general policy in their organizations instructing their employees not to grant such deletions.

Maangement makes policy, and has the discretion to grant exceptions.

Does anyone have an EO contact for them?  Please PM me!!! 

Thanks,

Pigeye

2007 - 2010 low point: mid-500s

With the help of myFICO community, now: 714 EQ FICO

"At the end of every hard-earned day, people find some reason to believe." (Bruce Springsteen)
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.