Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Midland/Portfolio/Lvnv PFD?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does Midland/Portfolio/Lvnv PFD?

Well, I'm actually more curious about the chances they will verify the debt.  I checked my Experian report yesterday and they still havnt verified.  I do believe I saw a comment from one of them (dont remember who) that says "consumer disputes (meets fair credit reporting act)" or something along those lines.  I thought it was the bureau that made that comment.  Anyway, if they do validate it, what are the chances they will PFD?  I hear they (especially midland and PRA) arent the nicest to work with so Im thinking they will most likely refuse it?  The debts are old and will fall off around July of next year so I'm out of SOL.  After reading the forums for the past couple of weeks, If I do have to offer a PFD, I will offer between 0.10-0.20 on the dollar to settle the debt.  I want to say I'll have some leverage since the debt is a little more than a year away from falling off but then again, they know I'm in the market for a mortgage so they may use that against me to refuse the PFD.  Am I correct?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does Midland/Portfolio/Lvnv PFD?

Portfolio, you betcha. And they're report the dispute to all the CRs too. I'm trying to pay them in full, and they're being buttheads.

I'd wait until you're on the safe side of the SOL, and then PFD so it can't come back with Portfolio. Especially if they aren't reporting every month. (Mine is, ever since I made the mistake of trying to pay them. The nerve.)
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Portfolio, you betcha. And they're report the dispute to all the CRs too. I'm trying to pay them in full, and they're being buttheads.

I'd wait until you're on the safe side of the SOL, and then PFD so it can't come back with Portfolio. Especially if they aren't reporting every month. (Mine is, ever since I made the mistake of trying to pay them. The nerve.)

SOL in Texas is 4 years.  It's been almost 6 years since the DoFD.  I wont even be ready to talk to them until around august/september so then it'll be about 9 months until it falls off.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

In that case, I'd dispute it as being too old with the CRs. Then do the PFD, but since it's so far out of the SOL they'd be hard pressed to get it back on. I'm still new at this, so others may have more sage advice! 

(Either way, please find a way to kick Portfolio in the rear end. They deserve it!)

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I disputed with the credit bureaus. I've had 2 verified so far but it was cap one and credit one. Those are charge offs. The collection accounts with the JDB's havnt verified yet. It's only been 2 weeks so they still could but I'm reading its difficult most times for them to verify debts because when they buy the debt, they aren't supplied with docs from OC.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.