cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Old Navy GEMB report Authorized Users to the Credit Bureaus?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does Old Navy GEMB report Authorized Users to the Credit Bureaus?

Hi all!

I want to add my daughter as an authorized user on my Old Navy GEMB account "IF" it will report on her credit.  Does anyone know if Old Navy GEMB reports AU's to the CRA's?

Thanks for any input!  Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does Old Navy GEMB report Authorized Users to the Credit Bureaus?

yep Old Navy does. I was an AU on my husbands acct.
Message 3 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
nothingman02
Valued Contributor

From what ive read, GEMB does report AU a/cs. If youve done some research here and could not find anything, only way then to know would be to try it. Speaking to CSRs in my experiance, regarding AU a/cs ahs been a waste of time. I think your addresses would have to match as well for the AU to report on your daughters CBRs. Atleast thats what happened in my case. Until the addresses matched, my brothers a/c never showed up on my CBRs. They later showed up one by one, within a day after my brothers address was added to each of my CBRs
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks cattracks! 

BTW nothing, the AU's are my kids who have my same address, so that part is handled.  I just wasn't sure from my searches on the forum that they actually did report AU's.  Helping my kids get started now (and teaching them, not just handing them easy credit) so that they don't have to wait for aging later.

Message 4 of 6
nothingman02
Valued Contributor

Yep.I too could not find anything (specific to old navy) in the searches. I only did a quick search though. Thats why I said that if you too could not find anything, only way to know would be to try it out rather than check with those CSRs.

BTW im not sure if its a requirement that the addresses have to match. But that was my experiance with BOA and Spiegel. BOA AU did not report to all 3 CRAs forever. I then applied for Spiegel and got approved using my brothers address and the BOA showed up on EQ immediately after spiegel reported.

I had to purchase that stupid vantagescore with my brothers address for the AU to report on EX immediately.

I had to go online and change my address to that of my brothers for the AU to report on my TU immediately.

Until I performed those actions, BOA AU never reported and then it was immediate. I am pretty confident of the causal relationship and hence am of the belief that the addresses have to match. May not be the case all the time however.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

DH has an Old Navy card which has been in good standing since opening and has a decent limit.  We added his younger brother on it (he had no credit whatsoever) and it started reporting after 10 weeks.  So yep, they do report tho it can take a little longer than normal
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.