cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does PIF on a collection help or hurt your score?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does PIF on a collection help or hurt your score?

Ok, so after browsing around the forum, I've seen some threads that mention paying on your collection makes your collection look current and hurts your score, while other threads said that wasn't true. So in my situation, I have two collections, 1 medical for an ambulance transport and 1 for unpaid cell phone charges. The CA from the cell phone account sent me a letter saying they'd settle my account for $150 less than what I originally owed. If I pay both that and the medical in full, keep the receipts, and contact the credit companies, will this help my score? Thanks. I am just somewhat confused.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does PIF on a collection help or hurt your score?

push for a pfd with them. if you just pay it the tl will update and appear to be new in the eyes of fico when factoring your score.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does PIF on a collection help or hurt your score?

What if there's a CO that is already recent?I have an acct that was CO'd last month. Would it be better to PIF (and maybe the acct will look a month more recent, but paid) or no?

Sorry to jump into your thread, but I don't want to spam the board with a bunch of new threads every time I have a question.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.