cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Pay for delete right option for me?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does Pay for delete right option for me?

I have 2 negative items in my report. One is from a phone company and other is from my apartment owner. Both charged me non-genuine fee/charges at the time of closing the phone account and when I vacated the apartment. I was contacted by CA. I disputed those charges in writing to both CA and original creditors, with in 30 days of their letter. All three credit report shows these 2 negative items and it says account in dispute. This happened 3 years ago. Now I want to get rid of those 2 items from the list, to improve the FICO score.  I am thinking of sending “pay for delete” letter to these 2 collection agency.  Is it a right choice for me at this time to improve the score? Is there any negative implications in doing so?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does Pay for delete right option for me?

What makes the fees non-genuine?  Are they yours?  Why has it taken 3 years for them to respond?  Some the experts could chime in, but I thought they had 30 days to provide response to a written dispute.  If they did not provide response, then I would think you could write the CRA's and show them proof where you tried to contact and resolve but they did not respond and that you would like the information removed.

On the flip side, if that is too much hassle and the fees aren't much then a PFD would be a good choice.  At least you would get to clean up your credit a bit.  

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does Pay for delete right option for me?

All that happened 3 years ago. The phone company charged high rate than what I opted. Second the apartment owner try to milk money for non-geneue cleaning chage, with out any proof of work, when I moved out. They contaced me 3 years ago. I disputed it in writing with in 30 days, and requested them not to contact me. CA stopped contact me after my strong letter. Now i want to get rid of these 2 items. Is PFD is a right choice at this point?
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.