Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Portfolio Recover PFD??

tag
let
Regular Contributor

Does Portfolio Recover PFD??

I got call this morning from them wanting to work something out; which I'm all for since I do owe.  I asked her if they would delete it from my CR if I paid it.  She said yes, it would be deleted.  I was very clear with her that I meant deleted, gone, no more, she assured me that it would be.  How can I make sure they keep there word? And does Portfolio do PFD? I asked last time and they told me no...

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: Does Portfolio Recover PFD??

Not hardly. But, if you found a CSR to agree to it, GET IT IN WRITING before you pay them a dime. I wouldn't trust their word EVER!
Message 2 of 13
let
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the reply.  I'll do my best to try to get her to put it in writing, doubt she will. ..

Message 3 of 13
NYSuperdoodle
New Contributor

Getting it in writing is the best practice for sure, but I've had a bunch of stuff deleted when I held up my end of the bargain and the CA's did what they said when I didn't have it in writing. Maybe I've just been lucky with that.

I DID always ask to talk to a manager though.
April 1 2014 EQ-555 TU-545 EX- 545
April 29 2014 EQ -714 TU-579 EX- 698
May 1 2014 EQ 721, TU 707, EX 698
All tracked with USAA credit monitoring via Expedia
FICO Score June 10 2014 EQ 719
Message 4 of 13
apeydee416
Contributor

Thats funny, they called me this morning too!

Message 5 of 13
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

@NYSuperdoodle wrote:
Getting it in writing is the best practice for sure, but I've had a bunch of stuff deleted when I held up my end of the bargain and the CA's did what they said when I didn't have it in writing. Maybe I've just been lucky with that.

I DID always ask to talk to a manager though.

I agree.

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 6 of 13
denver133
Frequent Contributor

Trust me.  You want this is writting.  I have a PRA account that I paid but I never got anything in writting.  Its my last collection out there and I can't get it removed at all even though I paid.   

My Cards: CSP: $5,000 // Hyatt: $5,000 // Cap1 Venture: $5,000 // US Bank Plat: $3,500 // Discover: $1,000 // AMEX BCE: $1,000 // Lowes: $5,500 // Furniture Row: $3,500 // Buckle Store Card: $750

Current MyFico Scores: EX 687 EQ 696 TU 687 Gardening from 5/15 till 5/16

Message 7 of 13
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

@denver133 wrote:

Trust me.  You want this is writting.  I have a PRA account that I paid but I never got anything in writting.  Its my last collection out there and I can't get it removed at all even though I paid.   

That scares me, I'm trying to help a friend get hers off as they called her today and she would set up monthly payments but only if they deleted! 

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 8 of 13
baller4life
Super Contributor

They are TRULY a PITA!! I got lucky and was able to get them removed due to an error in reporting. They seem to be almost impossible to get to pfd. With these guys, DO NOT pay any money without a written agreement. They are NOT to be trusted!! Good luck
Message 9 of 13
MortgageMinded
Frequent Contributor

Good luck....... tough to get anything in writing without a payment.

Starting Score: Jan 2014 EQ: 595 TU: 575 EX: 550
Current Score: Feb 2015 EQ: 615 TU: 650 EX: 643
Goal Score: Hoping to join the 700 Club this year!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.