cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Redline Recovery report to credit bureaus?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does Redline Recovery report to credit bureaus?

I just received a collection letter from Redline Recovery Services. They are trying to collect a debt on behalf of Arrow Financial. The original creditor is First Premier Bank. Arrow and First Premier are already on my credit report for this debt. The debt is from October 2004. My concern is that Redline Recovery will report to the credit bureaus and make the collection look new and tank my score. The letter from Redline Recovery doesn't state anything about notifying them within 30 days regarding the validity of the debt like other collection letters usually state. I'm not sure whether I should just ignore this letter or DV them. Any info is appreciated.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Does Redline Recovery report to credit bureaus?

Only one CA and the OC can report at a time on a debt.  Since Arrow is already reporting, they should not.

That is the law but it does not mean they may not try.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Redline will not report this, I am dealing with the exact same thing. I paid Redline for Arrow I have the letter and I am having trouble getting Arrow to report it paid, Arrow will still be listed as the Current Creditor on the account so Redline will not report it. If you pay this get it in writing that Arrow is the current creditor from Redline because the CRA,s will question why redline is collecting and not reporting and they will not report it paid without a fight.

Message 3 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Redline can't report because Arrow is.  But, Redline needs to tell Arrow it is paid and Arrow should update it as paid with the CRAs.

If Arrow doesn't update file complaints with the BBB, FTC and your states AG office.  You can also send them an ITS for willfull noncompliance.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much for the info. This debt is due to fall of my report this October, so I think I will ignore the letter from Redline. I just paid a new collection on my report, so I'm thinking somehow Redline got a hold of my new address after I paid the new collection. Also, Arrow is reporting the open date of the account as when they started collecting on it. Arrow seems to have given the account a different account number when they starting collecting on it, maybe so they could give it a different opening date.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you so much for the info. This debt is due to fall of my report this October, so I think I will ignore the letter from Redline. I just paid a new collection on my report, so I'm thinking somehow Redline got a hold of my new address after I paid the new collection. Also, Arrow is reporting the open date of the account as when they started collecting on it. Arrow seems to have given the account a different account number when they starting collecting on it, maybe so they could give it a different opening date.

don't stress that at all.  The open date only pertains to the collection account and the new account number is their account number from and for their own records.  The dofd is all that matters check for that if that's still the same and the due date of the falloff is evidence towards that then your fine.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for all the advice and info Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.