Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Removing collection remove the OC?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does Removing collection remove the OC?

I am curious if I get the collection removed, will it remove the OC entry on the charge-off?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Does Removing collection remove the OC?

@Anonymous wrote:
I am curious if I get the collection removed, will it remove the OC entry on the charge-off?

No, each is repsonsible for their own entry.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well next question is will removing the collection improve my score? Thanks in advance.
Message 3 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Well next question is will removing the collection improve my score? Thanks in advance.

It may if its the only adverse account that you have but it sounds like the CO is sitting on your reports as well. The last update of these 2 items will affect your Fico as well, if they are not updating monthly any updates to either is likely to cause a drop in Fico, if updating monthly then I would suspect there would not be a further drop. You would rellay need to post a general idea of your entire profile before one could give you a definitive one way or another there are so many variables. I can tell you it would be best to have any negative item deleted if possible.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Removal of derogs is *always* positive and desirable, even though your score may not show a lot of change with the removal of a single item.

Message 5 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Scoring of payment history, or for that matter any scoring category, is not plain-vanilla.

Deletion of a derog varies in scoring impact based upon overall file categorization.

Those categorizations are often referred to as "scoring buckets." 

For payment history, as long as you still have any major derogs, deletion of one major derog is not as significant.

You remain in a "dirty" scoring categorization/bucket.

Once the last major derog is removed from scoring, either by deletion or credit report exclusion, that is when you usually see a significant score increase.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.