cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does TransUnion delete literally everything you dispute through Credit Karma?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does TransUnion delete literally everything you dispute through Credit Karma?

Sweet, good to know thanks mister
Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does TransUnion delete literally everything you dispute through Credit Karma?

What did you say in your dispute to get your collections accounts deleted???

Message 12 of 21
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I'm confused.

A direct dispute is under FCRA 623(a)(8),, and is sent directly to the party who reported the information to the CRA.

The CRA is not a party to a direct dispute.  Direct disputers are an alternative to disputing via a CRA.

The furnisher investigates and responds back directly to the consumer, not to the CRAs.

Additionally, public record information is explicitly exempted from the direct dispute process.

There is almost invariably no party who reported public record information to the CRA.  The CRAs do their own reviews of public record information and enter it directly into their files.  Thus, all public record information is excluded from the direct dispute process.

Can you explain your "direct dispute"?

Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertEG wrote:

I'm confused.

A direct dispute is under FCRA 623(a)(8),, and is sent directly to the party who reported the information to the CRA.

The CRA is not a party to a direct dispute.  Direct disputers are an alternative to disputing via a CRA.

The furnisher investigates and responds back directly to the consumer, not to the CRAs.

Additionally, public record information is explicitly exempted from the direct dispute process.

There is almost invariably no party who reported public record information to the CRA.  The CRAs do their own reviews of public record information and enter it directly into their files.  Thus, all public record information is excluded from the direct dispute process.

I don't really know how to explain it, so here's a screenshot showing the option is available... 

Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

It also kind of sucks how I can only dispute 1 item at a time using the direct dispute feature, would be nice if I could pick 2 or 3 items like you can doing it the standard way and just have them all disputed at once, unless I'm doing something wrong here.

Message 15 of 21
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It also kind of sucks how I can only dispute 1 item at a time using the direct dispute feature, would be nice if I could pick 2 or 3 items like you can doing it the standard way and just have them all disputed at once, unless I'm doing something wrong here.

Why don't you just go to their website and dispute?  You can dispute all you want there.  The "direct dispute" method is simply piggy-backing on that same system, but limiting you in what you can do at one time .....

Message 16 of 21
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

A direct dispute cannot be done online it is a procedure that is done by mail that is sent directly to the creditor. Starting a dispute from CK or any other program like CK isnt a direct dispute, neither is going to the CRAs website and initiating a dispute there. It is AKA as a Section 623 Dispute

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Direct-dispute/td-p/2309095

Message 17 of 21
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

This is just CreditKarma making things up as they go along, like how they calculate average age of open accounts (which is not a scoring metric) and advising people of their percentage of ontime payments, which confuses people into thinking that opening lots of cards will increase their percentage and thus their score.

It's such a great site in terms of providing free reports, but their scores are useless and they make stuff up.

Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

lol... when I said "direct dispute" i was just referring to the credit karma feature, not to be taken in some literal sense... it's just the name they have for it so that's what I was saying I was doing is all.  I don't know what a direct dispute is, I was just referring to the name of the tool...

Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@RobertEG wrote:

I'm confused.

I don't really know how to explain it, so here's a screenshot showing the option is available... 

So what option did you select for the tax lien, i tried to get mine removed the other day and it came back as finished but it didnt say it was deleted as its still on my reports. So i really dont know what they did

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.