cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does a "late" from 5 yrs ago still hurt if bk7 too?

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Does a "late" from 5 yrs ago still hurt if bk7 too?

Question....hi everyone 

just wondering, I'm rebuilding from my BK7 that was discharged in August. I've been mainly concentrating on the accounts that were IIB.  recently I gave that a break and as I was looking thru my reports, I came across a few 30 day lates from like 5 yrs ago on a credit card that has been closed for that long as well. This account is listed as a good account, paid as agreed, no balance , and closed. 

Is it impacting my score at allay this point in the game, since I've got the worst thing reporting now(bk),  should I GW this, or leave it?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Does a "late" from 5 yrs ago still hurt if bk7 too?

Generally, 30 day lates are not as bad ESP that old.  There's nothing wrong with trying to GW the late -just make sure you keep the TL 

Message 2 of 4
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@ lexie....

That's what I'm worried about! I don't want to lose the good tradeline! I think the only thing right balancing out my scores somewhat ( I have 16 derogs from bk showing) is the fact I have 12 closed accounts all in good standing and $0 balance. Some are due to fall off as early as 2015, - 2022.

All my bk derogs will fall off in less 6 yrs, and will that happens ill just have the bk in public records, and everything else will be good accounts whether closed or open. Smiley Wink
Message 3 of 4
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@pizza1 wrote:
@ lexie....

That's what I'm worried about! I don't want to lose the good tradeline! I think the only thing right balancing out my scores somewhat ( I have 16 derogs from bk showing) is the fact I have 12 closed accounts all in good standing and $0 balance. Some are due to fall off as early as 2015, - 2022.

All my bk derogs will fall off in less 6 yrs, and will that happens ill just have the bk in public records, and everything else will be good accounts whether closed or open. Smiley Wink

IMO, I wouldn't take the chance of losing the TL. Last thing you need is them to GW it right off your CR's. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.