Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does a satisfied judgement from bankruptcy affect FICO

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does a satisfied judgement from bankruptcy affect FICO

Hi there. I am in the midst of rebuilding my credit after BK7 in 2011. In the last 3 months I have increased my scores about 20 points each. My question is I have 2 judgements included in my bankruptcy showing. Do these lower my scores?

One is $0, the other has a blance of $1237 and both are showing satisfed/included in BK.

I am preparting for a mortgage and not sure if these are holdng me back.

Thanks, any help is appreciated!

Amber

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Does a satisfied judgement from bankruptcy affect FOCI

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi there. I am in the midst of rebuilding my credit after BK7 in 2011. In the last 3 months I have increased my scores about 20 points each. My question is I have 2 judgements included in my bankruptcy showing. Do these lower my scores?

One is $0, the other has a blance of $1237 and both are showing satisfed/included in BK.

I am preparting for a mortgage and not sure if these are holdng me back.

Thanks, any help is appreciated!

Amber

They are PRs just like the BK and yes they are costing you some points. The bigger bear though is the BK itself reporting it overshadows all else. I would file motions with the courts that granted those judgments to have them vacated on grounds they were IIB, if this gets granted by the court they are gone from your CRs. Welcome to My Fico Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does a satisfied judgement from bankruptcy affect FOCI

That is what I figured. I have learned so much from this forum! Thanks for the reply gdale6. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.