Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone else not like CMI GROUP

tag
grussell70
Contributor

Does anyone else not like CMI GROUP

let me start by saying i can't stand CMI or credit management group. has anyone had any success with them lately. i have a comcast bill that i don't owe however i cant find receipts from ove 4yrs ago. i talked with comcast they came down off the amount 858.00 to 437.00 (equipment and 1 month of service) my account was so screwed up no one ever contacted me about this not even comcast and i had service while all of this is going on. so they could have easily gotten in touch with me. any help with backdoor contacts would rely help and a good pay in full letter. i have not paid them.

Starting Score:05/02/2010- TU-589-EQ-549
Current Score: 02/13/2012- TU-711-EQ-675-EX-735
Goal Score: TU-750-EQ-700-EX-750
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Does anyone else not like CMI GROUP

Send a DV if you haven't done so yet.

Message 2 of 8
grussell70
Contributor

llecs done that already that is how it came down to 437.00 i dont have receipts for the returned equipment and they claim they can't find it. it's been over 4 years the equipment is old now and probably nowhere to be found. need next step.

Message 3 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

If you mailed a DV to CMI and CMI adjusted the balance lower, then mail a PFD to CMI if you agree with it. If you disagree with CMI, then your only option is to raise heck and get them to communicate with you.

I'd first start with Comcast by calling them back up and asking if they can recall the debt away from CMI, asking if Comcast still owns the debt, and ask for the last couple of statements showing the revised balance. If nothing in the affirmative, then I'd file a complaint with the BBB on both Comcast and CMI. I'd also file a complaint against CMI and Comcast with your state's AG and with any other applicable agency (e.g. some states have an agency for just CAs or certainly for telecoms like Comcast). Then I'd wait. It would be my goal with that to raise such a ruckus that they move on.

Message 4 of 8
grussell70
Contributor

i've talked with comcast and they are the ones who told cmi to lower the amount; however, comcast nor cmi are willing to remove the item from the credit report even if i pay the 437.00. should i file the complaint with the state i lived in at the time it happened or with my current state?

Message 5 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

If you disagree with the amount, then file with your current state.

Message 6 of 8
eparker
Frequent Contributor

I dont like them either...but I might here pretty soon.  I called them about a month ago about a collection on my report.  I didn't agree with amount, I asked for a PFD for original amount.  Well, a week later I get a letter from them.  They give all the legal mumbo jumbo about they can't remove items etc. etc. 

Well the last sentence stated, "We have, however, assisted you by updating all three national credit bureaus with the news that your account has been paid in full."

Well, I never sent in a payment.  I was waiting for response for PFD.  I faxed, and then mailed a copy to Experian.  We will see what happens...Smiley Wink

Starting Score: Mid 500's
EQ-701 TU-693 EXP-698
Goal Score:750+

NavChek $15,000/NFCU nRewards Visa $12,000/American Express Rewards Gold NPSL/USAA Rewards World Mastercard $7000/USAA Visa Platinum $7000/Barclay $3900/Credit Union Visa $5000/Jareds $7600/BofA Visa $4000/USAA MC $1500/Walmart $1200//Amazon $1000/Discover Card $750/Cap1 $2250.

the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 7 of 8
grussell70
Contributor

@ eparker well GOOD LUCK! i hope it works in your favor. i sent a email to the CEO and i am waiting on a response. let me know how it goes.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.