cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone have AMEX Optima (Oasis Program) Rebuilder?

tag
tomfromrictmame
Frequent Contributor

Re: Does anyone have AMEX Optima (Oasis Program) Rebuilder?

@Repairman wrote:

@tomfromrictmame wrote:

Actually I opened my current AMEX ~3 years after my Optima card was opened.  

Also, did you receive any communication from them after a year in the program? Did they acknowledge your credit improvement? Success with the card? Offer you to apply for others? Automatic increase your CL?

I kept in contact with the Office of the President discussing my options about every 6 months.  One I got all 3 scores in the low 700's I contacted them and they actually encouraged my to apply.  I'm going to wait until the end of the year and then request a 3X CLI.

AMEX Platinum NPSL | BofA Cash Rewards Visa $50K | NFCU Sig Visa $27K | Chase Marriott Rewards Visa $25K | AMEX Delta Skymiles $25K | BofA Sig Visa $25K | First Tech Odyssey MC $25K | AMEX HHonors Surpass $23K | Chase United Club Unlimited Visa $20K | Barclays AAdvantage WMC $17K | NFCU LOC $15K | NASA Platinum Visa $15K| NFCU Sig Visa $14K
Message 21 of 26
sjt
Senior Contributor

@surferchris wrote:

@Repairman wrote:

@Lightdog555 wrote:
I charged off around $400 back in 2001 I have had my card going on 3 years now. I am able to apply for other cards and apply for a credit increase.

Are you speaking in reference to AMEX? Have they given you a credit increase on your Optima? If so, how much, and when? And how do you know you are elgible to apply for other AMEX cards? Did you inquire with them?

I believe that after one year, you may apply for other AMEX products (however, they may make you cancel the current Optima card first, so there is chance that you cancel one card and then do not get approved for another).  You may try phoning them to ask if you are eligible (I have read that some people have had success this way - without cancelling the current Optima card).  AFAIK: Optima cards can not have CLI's, they cannot have AU's and you cannot have another AMEX product while you have the Optima.

And congrats on your progress.

Actually Amex revised their policy. You are eligible to apply for another product or CLI after 12 months without having to close your Optima Card Account. This is a nice little improvement.

I was also reading in other posts that once someone pays in full their Amex balance and gets a Oasis Card that their old Amex tradelines deletes way before its suppose too. Has this happend to anyone?

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 22 of 26
Repairman
Established Contributor

@sjt wrote:

@surferchris wrote:

@Repairman wrote:

@Lightdog555 wrote:
I charged off around $400 back in 2001 I have had my card going on 3 years now. I am able to apply for other cards and apply for a credit increase.

Are you speaking in reference to AMEX? Have they given you a credit increase on your Optima? If so, how much, and when? And how do you know you are elgible to apply for other AMEX cards? Did you inquire with them?

I believe that after one year, you may apply for other AMEX products (however, they may make you cancel the current Optima card first, so there is chance that you cancel one card and then do not get approved for another).  You may try phoning them to ask if you are eligible (I have read that some people have had success this way - without cancelling the current Optima card).  AFAIK: Optima cards can not have CLI's, they cannot have AU's and you cannot have another AMEX product while you have the Optima.

And congrats on your progress.

Actually Amex revised their policy. You are eligible to apply for another product or CLI after 12 months without having to close your Optima Card Account. This is a nice little improvement.

I was also reading in other posts that once someone pays in full their Amex balance and gets a Oasis Card that their old Amex tradelines deletes way before its suppose too. Has this happend to anyone?

Where did you get this info? I would love the increased cl as well as a better card, however, I really don't want to be stuck with an AF on this card...so a PC would be the most ideal. I don't want to cancel the Optima because AMEX reaged it according to the card it was replacing, so it has an opening date of 2006.

Message 23 of 26
sjt
Senior Contributor

I got the information from the Amens Accounts Services Rep. Keep in mind you are still have to go through the credit approval process.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 24 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to bump a two month old thread, but I thought it was worth it because there is so much old information on the Optima Oaisis and very little new. Amex did indeed give me a CLI with this card from 700 to 2100. Now, I have had my card for years. Almost 6 I think,  but it is backdated to 1996. The rep I talked to confirmed no PC was possible, but that I could apply for a new card at any time without closing the Optima. I regret not applying for one before they discontinued back dating. As it is, the Optima is my oldest card so I will not be closing it anytime soon. I'm curious what cards if any people have successfully gotten while keeping their Optima open?

Message 25 of 26
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry to bump a two month old thread, but I thought it was worth it because there is so much old information on the Optima Oaisis and very little new. Amex did indeed give me a CLI with this card from 700 to 2100. Now, I have had my card for years. Almost 6 I think,  but it is backdated to 1996. The rep I talked to confirmed no PC was possible, but that I could apply for a new card at any time without closing the Optima. I regret not applying for one before they discontinued back dating. As it is, the Optima is my oldest card so I will not be closing it anytime soon. I'm curious what cards if any people have successfully gotten while keeping their Optima open?

Thanks for the updated information! I would still keep your Optima because you never know if Amex will allow a product change in the future.

Also, I created a thread to keep track of any changes or experiences with the Optima Oasis Program:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Anyone-have-recent-experience-with-Amex-Optima-Oasis/m-p/4129033

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.