cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone have Verizon (Internet/Phone services) Executive ofice contact information

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Now what???

I haven't resolved the situation yet. I filed a complaint with the BBB and am hoping they can assist in some way... thank you for asking! 

Message 11 of 14
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey there... I don't see the option to send you PM. Would you send it to me via PM?

Its not under options. The Private Messenger is the envelope on the right hand side above Post number 1 in each thread.

Message 12 of 14
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Verizon seems to have a problem with this kind of thing because their "write off" department is very automated. Any "dispute" comes back as verified by eOscar as they just confirm two bits of info they already have on file - name and address or account number - they never bother to actually look at the information. Recent changes, based mainly on CFPB action is going to require that the CRA's actually look at disputes, but I don't know if that applies to an information supplier like Verizon.

I say this because I documented on My Fico a couple years ago an experience I had with Verizon posting incorrect info on my credit file and going round and round in the Verizon catch 22 parlor game. The CFPB complaint I filed didn't really do much, although it might have added to the data used to require the CPA's to actually look at disputes, but the BBB complaint did get their attention and did result in a contact by Verizon's executive office.

I had valid proof that the phone in question - which I had helped set up for my elderly mother - had never been activated once Verizon moved from their analog to digital network. Verizon sent her a replacement digital phone that "had to be used" on Verizon's now 100% digital network. Verizon continued to charge her and get paid monthly for a senior emergency plan ($20 a month I think it was) even though the digital phone had never been activated or used for a single minute or even turned on - once her credit card info expired, Verizon sent her account to collection and since I had helped set the plan up years ago, Verizon dinged my credit too even though they never contacted me about the account AND at the time I had a valid, 20 year continual, properly paid wireless account with Verizon.

The executive office took care of the collection, but never offered to refund any of the charges and it took 60 days to get the account removed from my EQ and TU report and another BBB complain to get Verizon to "force" removal from Experian after 120 days.

Bottom line is, Verizon is a royal PITA with this kind of thing, but they do seem to react to BBB complaints and I assume public postings of complaints on Facebook if they maintain a Facebook page.

Good luck, you'll need it but you will win if you stay with it. 

Message 13 of 14
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

I should have added to my previous posts, I CANCELED the three phones and almost $200 a month Wireless plan I had with Verizon after that experience. I'd been with them since they were GTE and Bell Atlantic (over 20 years) when phones came in "shoulder bags" and were hard wired into the car. Today, I still won't use Verizon for wireless service even if they have the most complete national wireless coverage.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.