cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone have a script for a Pay for Delete phone call?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone have a script for a Pay for Delete phone call?

I've searched but I can't find anything.  Does anyone have a script for a pay for delete phone call?  I have a few minor medical bills stuck on my report.  I want to try calling to pay for delete as others have had success with this agency.

Is there a list or ideally a script that I can use. You need permission to record a call in the state I'm in so I plan to tell them that I'm recording the conversation so I can record it legally.  Then I plan to note that these items are on my credit report, I don't know what they are, but I would be interested in paying the unknown items to get them off of my credit report.

Will that work?  does anyone have a script somewhere?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does anyone have a script for a Pay for Delete phone call?

@Anonymous wrote:

I've searched but I can't find anything.  Does anyone have a script for a pay for delete phone call?  I have a few minor medical bills stuck on my report.  I want to try calling to pay for delete as others have had success with this agency.

Is there a list or ideally a script that I can use. You need permission to record a call in the state I'm in so I plan to tell them that I'm recording the conversation so I can record it legally.  Then I plan to note that these items are on my credit report, I don't know what they are, but I would be interested in paying the unknown items to get them off of my credit report.

Will that work?  does anyone have a script somewhere?

If the other party notifies you they are recording, as in a recording that says "this call may be monitored for training or quality purposes", then that is defacto permission for you to record the call as well. There is no need to notify them of your intent to do so.

Message 2 of 9
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

I would actually advise not to tell them your recording, unless legally there is a need too. It may sway them away from any talk of a pay for delete. Just explain that you have a few bills in collections and would like to agree to pay them and in return them remove the reporting from all 3 CRAs. Don't admit to the debt, but rather that you would just like to "make it go away". Good luck Smiley Happy
Don’t take your credit for granted, use it with care! These days, catch me in the bankruptcy forum!?
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Excellent advice from you both.  one follow up question.  What information will I need to show it's me?  Just social and DOB.  i don't want to give them any extra information.

Message 4 of 9
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

That should be all they ask for. I prefer to actually not give my full social, but instead if they HAVE to know it I'll try giving just last 4 digits.
Don’t take your credit for granted, use it with care! These days, catch me in the bankruptcy forum!?
Message 5 of 9
Kirmie2010
Established Contributor

They usually ask me for social, dob, address and phone number.  I give them social and DOB.

I ask them what they have on file for phone and address as it was so long ago, then tell them, that sounds good.  (Why would I want them to have my current address or phone? thats nuts Smiley Happy   )

Sometimes they ask if its my current info, I just tell them no, its not.  If they ask why, its because I dont want to give you my current information.

If you give them current, expect mail to start arriving or phone calls

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Now I just need to figure out how to block outgoing caller id on my google voice number and I'll be set.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would use PFD by cold calling the CA as a last option.

Usually you will get a low level collector who will tell you that they don't/can't do that and any lies they can come up with at the moment.

I don't know who your creditors are or how much or how old the debt  but it can make a difference on your approach.

If you want to post them or PM them to me. I would be glad to help

I have had luck using the BBB, emailing executive offices, having OC pull debts back and such.

For me one reason I wouldn't go straight to a PFD is I did one over a lousy $150 medical bill. I recorded the calls verified 2 times that it would be deleted and they marked as "paid collection". 1st time I called back they told me they never said that. After I told him to have his supervisor relisten to both conversations and I had taped them, they said sorry your right.

Too make a long story short they kept delaying and blaming the CRA's, I filed complaints with BBB, AG, CFPB. More excuses. Finally found executive emails and threatened lawsuit for damages due to lower credit score. I got someones attention although it took me 2 more months of relentless emails and phone calls to executive offices to resolve.

I did have other CA's that followed through without problem.

But the only way you can force them to honor agreement is to sue them. I don't know about every state but where I live that means district court and a lot of money

So it is best to do some research before starting.

Message 8 of 9
azguy13
Senior Contributor

There is some very good info in terms of PFD, GW, etc in this thread:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/PFD-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-PFD-Success-Stories/...

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.