cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone know if credit sesame is accurate?

tag
LoveGoodCredit
Frequent Contributor

Re: Does anyone know if credit sesame is accurate?

Yup, I mean at least I can get an idea about where I am with this stuff.  I am really working it.  NOW I will do two more PFD and that'll leave two.  The two left are from almost 6 years ago.  GOD i wish I had done this sooner.

Starting Score:
August Equifax 558 TU 600 EX 570
Current Score: Equifax FICO 642 TU FICO662 EX 651 (credit.com) 06/21/2013
Goal Score: 720 All Across

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 11 of 22
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@LoveGoodCredit wrote:

Yup, I mean at least I can get an idea about where I am with this stuff.  I am really working it.  NOW I will do two more PFD and that'll leave two.  The two left are from almost 6 years ago.  GOD i wish I had done this sooner.

I mean, you can always purchase a FICO from here... at least the Equifax is stlil what lenders use.. so you could have a feel for what THAT score is at least

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 12 of 22
LoveGoodCredit
Frequent Contributor

Yes I do get them from here.  My equifax is horrible but thank god for middle scores.  Smiley Happy

Starting Score:

Message 13 of 22
calihlove75
Established Contributor

@LoveGoodCredit wrote:

My experian jumped 33 points and is up to 622 PTL!   But, is it accurate?

I know it varies but in my case credit sesame is near identical to my EX fico according to Amex.

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 14 of 22
LoveGoodCredit
Frequent Contributor

I do know I checked my experian report and they did a pull when mine was updated.  CreditKarma is accurate.  I called Transunion and got my score from them because I am on a trial period for their monitoring system and  their score was the exact same as creditkarmas vantage score.  In fact they both changed the same day.

Starting Score:

Message 15 of 22
somnipotent
Frequent Contributor

I use CK and CS as temprature gauges weekly and pull myFico once every 3 months for a snapshot.  CK has been more or less 10 plus/minus.  CS, not so sure.

AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx Costco ($8.2K) | AmEx Delta Gold ($19.3K) | AmEx BCE ($5K) | Chase United Explorer ($10K) | Chase Sapphire Preferred ($7.5K) | Chase Freedom ($8.2K) | Discover it ($3K) | Capital One Quicksilver ($2.5K) | PayPal Extras ($2.5K) | Lowes ($3.3K) | Walmart ($4.3K) | Amazon ($2.5K) | Restoration Hardware ($8.8K) | Crate & Barrel ($8.3K)
--
Homeowner since 05/29/13
Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello everybody, I work for Credit Sesame and wanted to let you know that we use a score known as the Experian National Equivalency score. This score comes directly from Experian and is intended to give you an overvall view of your credit standing. Considering there are 49 FICO scores available, it is rare any two scores will be the same. 

Instead of viewing only the score, we recommend also viewing the category your score falls in (Fair, Good, Excellent etc.) to get a better understanding of your credit rating.

Feel free to use me as a resource for any Credit Sesame related questions. 

Message 17 of 22
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello everybody, I work for Credit Sesame and wanted to let you know that we use a score known as the Experian National Equivalency score. This score comes directly from Experian and is intended to give you an overvall view of your credit standing. Considering there are 49 FICO scores available, it is rare any two scores will be the same. 

Instead of viewing only the score, we recommend also viewing the category your score falls in (Fair, Good, Excellent etc.) to get a better understanding of your credit rating.

Feel free to use me as a resource for any Credit Sesame related questions. 

The quesiton was; how accurate is the score?

FICO scores, are used by lenders. Can you point out a lender that uses the Experian National Equivalency score?

The score provided is not used by any lender and should be used for educational purpose, and therefor, has a 0 percent accuracy in my estimation because it used by 0 percent of lenders. 

While it is true that there are 49 FICO scores, less than 10 are used on a regular basis, and a small amount of education will help you make decisions on which FICOs are most used and in what terms.

I don't think the question was is Credit Sesame a worthwhile site, or if you should use it to vaguely guage credit worthiness. On this forum,  a Fico forum, when people ask if a score is accurate,  they are comparing it to a FICO.

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 18 of 22
timotiger
New Contributor

CreditSesame, thanks for joining. You will be an invaluable resource. Thank you.

Message 19 of 22
GregB
Valued Contributor

CreditSesame,

I would also like to thank you for joining and being a resource.

I think the benefit of CreditSesame.com is in the information in the reports and the ways to get better deals on replacement or new financing.

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.