cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does being an AU on multiple well standing accounts help?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does being an AU on multiple well standing accounts help?

I had a FICO around 680. I was added as an AU to my wife's oldest CC and that upped it to about 700 (according to barclays FICO checker). My goal is to get to 720+ to apply for a mortgage in a couple of months. Should I get myself added as AU or Joint to some of my wife's other less old but well standing credit cards as well? Should I try to get added as a AU to one of my Dad's well standing CC as well (I haven't lived at his mailing address for 4 years now)?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does being an AU on multiple well standing accounts help?

I would ask this question on the mortgage board because they can tell you how AU cards appear to a mortgage lender.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks I will try that. As far as FICO score, would being an AU on a couple of my spouse's good standing accounts most likely help that number go up some more?

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

My personal experience is it helped for a mortgage loan we were applying for. They were able to give the pre-approval after the AU were added. This was for an FHA loan. Obviously there are so many different scenarios, but that was just ours. 

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Make sure any account you're being added to as an AU don't have a balance on them.  It will be counted in your debt to income ratio for mortgage.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.