Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does capital one balance chase?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does capital one balance chase?

Does anyone know if capital one balance chases? I have carried a balance on a card for over a year, but now that I am able to pay it off I'm worried that they will decrease my credit limit...
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

Re: Does capital one balance chase?

No, they don't.  That is one of their best points.

My ex carried a 25K on a 27K limit for 10 years, finally paid off with a refinance, and they didn't touch the limit.  I had a similar experience.

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!
Message 3 of 13
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Shouldn't be a problem, plus you will be getting rid of that interest.  Congrats!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One is one of the easiest credit card companies to deal with, if not the easiest and the best. If you treat the card well, they will take care of you 10 fold. You don't have anything to worry about with them especially balance chasing.

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much!!!
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Does anyone know if capital one balance chases? I have carried a balance on a card for over a year, but now that I am able to pay it off I'm worried that they will decrease my credit limit...

Like other folks have said, I don't believe CapOne balance chases,, last year I paid off a $2,400 balance down to $0 and they never decreased my limit, in fact they gave me a CLI not long after that Smiley Happy

Best of luck!

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

My balance is also 2,400... Carried it for over a year... I have never gotten a cli on that card, minus the credit steps, even after hitting the luv button about 20 times... I'm also concerned because my score has dropped over 100 points in the last 3 months... Not sure how capital one will feel about that... I have always made on time payments... Usually just the minimum....
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

What caused the point drop?
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.