cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does it make sense to get a First Premier card?

tag
TheStruggle

Re: Does it make sense to get a First Premier card?

Nothing is really holding me back on my CR. I'm anxious that I won't be able to get the Cap1 CO and HSBC settlement off but otherwise, I'm fairly confident I can get the rest removed with a little persistence and patience. I'm also making a few changes (moving into cheaper housing, up for promotion) so it'll only get easier to pay these suckers off. At the moment, I'm a little limited so I've been offering settlements in my PFDs and will be inching the offers up slowly. lol

Basically, I'm pursuing PFDs and GWs at the moment with some minor success. I just have no revolving accounts so I wanted to establish some so while I'm fixing all of the baddies, I can also be building up revolving accounts.

Starting Score: 515 (EX) 7/19/13
Current Score: 515 (EX, EQ, TU) FAKO
Goal Score: 650 (first goal), Ultimate goal is 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

I think I can, I think I can...

USAA Secured AmEx $250 | USAA Secured Mastercard $250
Message 11 of 14
TheStruggle

You're probably right! My total debt in collections totals less than $1000 so I'm pretty sure I can nip this all in the bud. The Cap1 CO is $1000 in itself and my highest balance.I feel like that's going to my biggest hurdle and monster and fodder for nightmares for the next several months...

Just trying to see if I should establish mutliple revolving accounts in the meantime... since I had no open ones.

Message 12 of 14
txmomma26
Regular Contributor

Unless I'm totally thinking wrong - you do have a credit card showing with the USAA AMEX......

Just a heads up, CapOne does not like to delete charge offs, in my experience.  However, if you GW they may remove all the lates and associated remarks after a while.

Start: (2-26): EQ 602 (Myfico) TU 579 (Credit Karma) EX 634 FAKO
Current: (7-12): EQ 690(myfico) WalmartTU 696 EX 689 (lender 6-3)
1st Goal: 680 across the board - DONE June 2013!
2nd Goal: 725 across the board
Message 13 of 14
TheStruggle

Yes, I just got the USAA AMEX... and I've noticed, while combing through this forum, that Cap1 isn't very open to deleting COs. I'll keep trying, though.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.