cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does it make sense to pay eos-cca at this point?

tag
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

Does it make sense to pay eos-cca at this point?

Does it make sense to pay with less than 8 months to go for the item to fall off the report? I just received an offer from them today which is 1/3 of the original amount (about 247). If paid will they  honor pfd request? Do they do any pay for delete? 

Any contacts at eos that will honor it? If  so can someone send that info

Thanks in  advance

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does it make sense to pay eos-cca at this point?

Unless you plan on applying for credit in the next 8 months, you're best bet may be to just let it go and keep the money in your pocket.

Message 2 of 6
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Unless you plan on applying for credit in the next 8 months, you're best bet may be to just let it go and keep the money in your pocket.

No I don't plan on applying for anything till everything is off my report. I was asking because i imagine at some point they will give up and sell to JDB and it shouldn't pop up when I think about a house which may happen in 2 odd years if everything else falls in place. Right now the biggest is to clean the report. I have couple which are high amounts and one of them was never sold so I don't think it would show up after its gone from the reports. 

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Let it fall off and opt out of credit marketing so the CA will not be alerted when you are looking for a house.

Message 4 of 6
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Let it fall off and opt out of credit marketing so the CA will not be alerted when you are looking for a house.

Do you mean opt out of marketing completely or just when I plan to look at houses?

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

It all depends. I opted out completely since I do not like junk mail and didn't want to the run risk of ID theft via mail. I figured that I could find credit cards and car loans on my own. Didn't hurt that I am also looking to buy a house very soon also.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.